• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cherry blossom...and dandelions

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
more food questions I'm afraid :roll: my garden is ridden with cherry blossom petals and poppy seems to be snakcing on them :? is this a problem? because if it is she can't go out of the huthc till the end of the blossom season which isn't ideal. I only ask because I know cherry wood is poisonous.

also are the flowers of dandelions edible as well as the leaves and are they better or worse or equal, healthwise?

Dandelion flowers are a bunnny's favourite bit :) They are fine, along with all the other bits of dandelion... and daisies too.

I don't know about cherry blossom petals, some keep blowing into my garden on the wind from next door, and my buns seem to like them very much. I don't see how a flower petal could do much harm, so I will await further instructions from anyone who knows better.....

And to add to the list of queries, Is clover (leaves and flowers) OK, there is a patch growing in my lawn which is raising some interest???

Last edited:
Ooh heck! I didn't know cherry wood was poisonous. My buns have eaten tons of it in the past (they strip the bark off) and they've lived to tell the tale. In fact, they love it and it doesn't seem to have had any ill effects - is it really poisonous??

Thanks - it's certainly worth knowing. All I can tell you is that mine have all eaten cherries, cherry bark, cherry leaves and cherry blossom and have suffered no ill effects - most of my buns have lived to be between seven and nine!

Forgot to mention - mine also love clover (flowers and leaves) and again, not sure of the official line but they've all lived to tell the tale with no ill effects!

Just looked at the reference section on feeding and you're quite right - it says cherry is unsafe. I'm a BAD bunny mummy - don't think I can stop them eating the blossom because we're surrounded by cherry trees but I won't give them any more leaves or twigs. Thanks for the advice. I noticed the reference list stated that white clover was safe but red clover wasn't if that helps with your other question.

Back