• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neo going to get neutered tomorrow- Update-all went well:)

She-Ra

Warren Scout
Neo is going to get neutered tomorrow. Really nervous about taking him,know it's a normal op but hate the thought of him being in pain:(
He has a cage but also has a pen that has more room. The cage is fine but not much room for him to move around if he wants to. Would it be better to let him sleep it off in the pen?
He's been eating a lot of veggies lately esp corriander, rocket and spinach- is there anything i should avoid for a couple of days?

Last edited:
When I picked Teal'c up, he didn't sleep it off. He wanted to go right in his cage and hide. I think they just want to go where they feel safest.

As for what to avoid, I have no idea. I was told that when he's fully awake he could have his usuals. Just make sure he's awake so he's not trying to chew while falling asleep because he might choke.

Thanks for that good to know- i wouldn't have even thought about him eating whilst half asleep- will keep an eye out!

hiya. i hope tomoz goes good.
i was in a blind panic when i had shauny done a couple of months ago (he came through fine:).
he didnt head for his cage when we brought him back, he went for his fav corner. i just put a bowl of water next to where he sat and loads of his fav hay and veg (im glad i did cause he stayed there for about a day 1/2).
be thinkin of you and ur baby tomoz
x

All the best for tomorrow.

I had Lopsy done about a month ago now, it really was hard, but she pulled through eventually! All i would say is check hes eating and drinking, tempt with fav treats & maybe a bowl of water or warm water in water bottle. Also bed down on towels with hay in a hay rack. I even wrapped Lopsy up in a towel, but she had to go to the Emergency vets, bless her.

Let us know how he gets on!

xx

Thanks everyone for all your wishes, seems to have worked-he did really well:). He seemed quite drowsy and slept a lot but then had bouts of being wide awake. He ate quite a bit too:) Slept near him so i could check on him and he was fine, finally gave in and let him out of the pen to roam around at 5am- he was happily sitting on my shoulder while i was trying to sleep!:D

Thanks Katie. Neo is more than ok- he's started jumping straight out of his cage. Did it at 5am this morning, landed on the bed and thought he'd come over and lick my face!:lol:

Back