• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outside buns

lilminxlou

Mama Doe
hi my rabbit doesnt like being outside well he didnt at first anyway. i pu him out on the grass and he just stoon there not knowing what to do. (was hoping hed be a bit of a digger) anyway after a couple of tries he now has a bush that he just runs to and stands under and starts eating the branches of i think he enjoys the bush as he has a cheeky face and comes out covered in gardenny bits lol but thats all he does is stand under a bush. he doesnt run around or anything. is that normal? anyone elses buns like that?

Maybe he feels a bit exposed, does he have somewhere to hide if he gets frightened? An empty cardboard box makes a good bolt hole.

yeah my piggies were terrified when I put them outside for the first time - it's very noisy and very bright compared to indoors - I agree with Estelle that he'd like a big cardboard box to hide in - also check the bush he's eating isn't poisonous :shock:

Yeah my little baby bun Dylan never strayed far from his cardboard box at first but now he is all brave and only dashes back to the box when an aeroplane goes over.

yep dont worry the bush isnt poisonous to him :D

i recently found a huge pot for him and stuff to try out so i'll see how that goes

My garden is nearly all bushes and shrubs, and all my bunnies love to do all the time is tear around and binky up and down, round and under the bushes. They have a few favourite spots where they like to sit and lie too, I wouldn't worry :)

Back