• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit and wet grass

milly100

Alpha Buck
Do people on here put their rabbits out in their runs when the grass is wet? I would love to put flopsey outside more but the grass is always wet here in the mornings. I wasnt sure if it was bad for here to be on wet grass?? Any advice would be great

I have always put my buns out to grass regardless whether its wet or not. I am not aware of any issues as to why I shouldn't do this.

Also at the rescue the buns are let out everyday whether the grass is wet or not. :D

mine can get access to the run 24 hours a day so its up to them if they want to sit on the wet grass :roll: to be honest if it is wet piper tends to run with her legs stretched out so that she doesn't get her tummy wet :lol:

So long as they have somewhere warm and dry to go I don't see there's an issue?

My lot are quite happy to run around on the wet grass, eat it, and then flop out in the shed to clean themselves.

They will even lay out in the rain on the slabs like yeaterday, when it is warm and muggy and drizzling. You know, in that rain that wets you. :D

I was a little concerned too about my bun actually sitting out in the rain, but apparently they have a high resistance to water... they're basically 'waterproof'! :shock:

I was a little concerned too about my bun actually sitting out in the rain, but apparently they have a high resistance to water... they're basically 'waterproof'! :shock:

Water proof bunnys how cool is that (Quickly runs outside with a bucket of water)

Back