• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch makeover

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I thought the hutches were looking a bit weathered so I decided to give them a make over and paint them a lovely green colour :D
I've only done one hutch so far, I'm planning on doing the other one today so that Hobbes and Phoebe can go back outside and sunbathe :D

Before the make over-
hutch1.jpg

and afterwards-
painthutch.jpg

I also turned the run around so it's at the front of the hutch now instead of behind it. It makes it easier to get inside the run and sweep it out.

I liked the colour so much I painted my two garden sheds the same colour :D

Ohh I luuurrrvvvveee make overs!

That looks great such a huge difference, it looks brand new now :D

Great colour choice :D very similar to what I painted mine... although now I want to paint every bit of wood outside the same colour :shock:

Hannah

I love that colour :D where did you get it from and what's it called ?
I have 2 sheds that would look great in that colour.

I painted my hutch the same shade today. Mine don't use it but I have it as an emergency. My hutch is letting in water. How hard is it to refelt? The existing felt is a flat one and inset like yours.

I painted my hutch the same shade today. Mine don't use it but I have it as an emergency. My hutch is letting in water. How hard is it to refelt? The existing felt is a flat one and inset like yours.

I would imagine you could put a piece of felt over the roof and fold the sides down and have them covering the wooden frame of the roof.

wow that's gorgeous Estelle :p I've had some blue paint since last summer (not much painting weather :roll:) - but I prefer that soft green now :rolleyes:

Back