• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
How long does the 85 litre bag of Megazorb last everyone and does any shop stock it or is it online only (farmaway seems cheapest) and is carefresh just as good? I was thinking of using this to line the hutch and use a seperate wood based litter in the litter trays is this a good plan.

Thanks again for your excellent advise in advance! :D

Carefresh is very similar, but loads more expensive...
I get my Megazorb from a farm that sells horse supplies - 1 sack probably lasts me 2 weeks, but that's for 6-10 guinea pigs (depending on how many fosters I have in), 5 rats, 4 gerbils, 3 mice and 4 hamsters...

I bought my last bag towards the end of Jan. I have two bunnies and am about half way/two thirds though it now. I only use it in their litter trays though so guess it goes further. I get mine from a local horse food place.

Carefresh is sooo expensive, I get through one bag a week which is about £20 per month as I clean the trays every day or every other depending on the mess. My only problem with megazorb is having somewhere to store it.

Excellent

I will have two so it should last ages ....carefresh is a no then. Do you use it to line your hutches I'm thinking its a bit like shavings to look at is that right or do you think this will just encourage them to do their business everywhere even though I am planning on using something else in the litter trays?

I used to put newspaper in the base of the hutch (i have rubber matting in the playhouse now so that is bare) I then just put the megazorb in the litter tray with some hay on top.

Helen x

I only use the carefresh in the litter trays, to cover my hutches would take at least a bag a time so I can't afford to do that. The floor in the hutch is tiled and has carpet in the living area so I don't use any bedding there. Around the litter tray I use Russell Rabbit soft straw bedding and I have a hay box for them to sleep in. Its all very easy and quick to clean :D

I was thinking of megazorb but as the horse suppliers didn't have any in I tried easi bed which is kind of like long wood chips if that makes sense?! It is soooo much better than wood shavings as it doesn't fly around everywhere and stick to everything and the same price. I have only had my rabbits a week, but had them litter trained from day 3. I have used cat litter in the litter tray and covered it with hay. I change the hay daily and the litter will be every 3 days. I only really use the easibed for something soft for them to sit on and as it doesn't get dirty it only needs changing every week or so.
I quite fancy megazorb for the litter tray but Its such a big pack when I'm already storing the easibed!

Hi there

I was thinking of megazorb but as the horse suppliers didn't have any in I tried easi bed which is kind of like long wood chips if that makes sense?! It is soooo much better than wood shavings as it doesn't fly around everywhere and stick to everything and the same price. I have only had my rabbits a week, but had them litter trained from day 3. I have used cat litter in the litter tray and covered it with hay. I change the hay daily and the litter will be every 3 days. I only really use the easibed for something soft for them to sit on and as it doesn't get dirty it only needs changing every week or so.
I quite fancy megazorb for the litter tray but Its such a big pack when I'm already storing the easibed!

We've just got a shed so it can go in there! I was wondering how you were getting on with your new additions has it been good ? Well done with the litter training thats what I'm hoping for we still have another two weeks to wait for ours!

Thats a good idea

I only use the carefresh in the litter trays, to cover my hutches would take at least a bag a time so I can't afford to do that. The floor in the hutch is tiled and has carpet in the living area so I don't use any bedding there. Around the litter tray I use Russell Rabbit soft straw bedding and I have a hay box for them to sleep in. Its all very easy and quick to clean :D

I have begged a lino cut off to go in the hutch from a friend who sells it so will definately put that down so I may see if I can bag a carpet cut off from his as well:lol:

Hi mine lasts about a month. I get mine from The Hay Experts but Pampered Piggies also sells it. Haven't tried carefresh.

A bag doesn't last me that long either. Several clean out with the buns (thats 5 huge litter trays) changed every other day and 4 5ft hutches (pigs) cleaned out twice a week... Probably lasts me a couple of weeks too...Although I do think I put too much in :)

They are good thanks,
Hannahsfirstdayatschoolandnewbun-3.jpg

And the hutch was finished in time! Just the run to build now to go underneath
PhonerabbitsandUttoxeter007.jpg

A bag doesn't last me that long either. Several clean out with the buns (thats 5 huge litter trays) changed every other day and 4 5ft hutches (pigs) cleaned out twice a week... Probably lasts me a couple of weeks too...Although I do think I put too much in :)

I think you forgot to mention that you have 9 bunsters (incl 2 giants!) as well and piggies:lol::lol:
A bag of megazorb usually lasts me at least 2 months..or it used to when I had just the two buns, but now it's increased to four that will change. I use it in the litter trays which have the wet stuff removed daily, the remaining dry stuff at the front is pushed to the back and I top up with fresh every day. You don't need to put much in the trays as it is very absorbent. I don't have any bedding on the hutch floors as it's covered with self-adhesive floor tiles(very cheap at Pound shops or the bargain bins at DIY stores if your bunnies don't mind unco-ordinated colour schemes!!), with a bit of vet bed to sit on .

Back