• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female bunny wanted!!

mudchild

Warren Scout
Female bunny wanted!!

Hi, my female house bunny sadly passed away recently leaving my boy on his own. He seems to be missing her quite badly and I really want to get him a companion.
He has no front teeth (neither did she) so I really want a rescue bunny with no fronts too. They live completely free range and go to bed at night so I cant risk any chewing!
He is a small Lion head.
Anyone that knows anyone please let me know

Thanks!

[Admin edit- not advisable to post your phone number on the internet]

Last edited by a moderator:
There are loads of bunnies needing new homes on Rabbit United you can also search for ones in your area. Also in here there is the rabbits in need section with lots of beautiful bunnies wanting new homes.

:D

Ahh she is gorgeous, only thing is elvis has no front teeth and just lives free so i would be worried incase she chewed!!

I know I think so too, its just because neither had teeth so they could be out all day, so i dont really want to restrict Elvis to being in his cage when he is so used to being free but also i dont want him to get lonely...

Theres alot of people on here with house rabbits, maybe you should ask them what they do about chewing etc. :)

I think you might find it difficult to find a bunny without any front teeth. :(

There's been a few though. Maybe you could look on Rabbits In Need or speak to your local rescues. They may have one not put on RR as it's a "special Needs" bun so they don't expect to rehome easily:D

Ummmm, have I read this wrong - if so then apologies - but were their front teeth removed to prevent them from chewing or was it because of dental problems ?

Oh god no dont worry i didnt have them removed!!

He was an RSPCA case and was due to be put to sleep as his teeth were growing thro his mouth, but he was saved by having them out and i ended up with him. The same had happended with the girl who i found a few months after!

So the thing is Elvis lives completly free-range now as i dont have to worry about him chewing and he is really happy so i dont want to start putting away him in his house all of a sudden. I would keep him on his own but he seems to be pining for her still and i think he needs a friend...:)

If it helps, out of my 3 house rabbits only 1 chews stuff and its not very often that she does, she's more of a digger:roll:

:oops: sorry. Its possible that the new bunny will not chew anything as they often copy one another and if Elvis shows no interest in chewing the new doe may not. Not quaranteed though. Could you perhaps just rabbit proof the room and provide lots of chewing toys ?

Ha dont worry just realised it looks like !!
hmm maybe i wll try that, im just scared because i looked after someones once and it went mad shewing my skirting boards etc!!

you might wanna consider getting someone to build you a run. Friend of mine made the frame which is about 7ft by 4ft and I nail on the mesh. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Buns can then stay out all time with plenty of room

I would contact a couple of rescues near you as I bet as Angie65 said, there are ones they have as permanant residents who have no front teeth.

:lol:
you might wanna consider getting someone to build you a run. Friend of mine made the frame which is about 7ft by 4ft and I nail on the mesh. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Buns can then stay out all time with plenty of room

the prob is i think this is a house rabbit there fore if he has a 7x4 run in his living room he has no where for him to live !

Back