• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nettle has run away - UPDATE - FOUND HIM! Yipee! See pg 16!

racheld69

Mama Doe
Went outside to get the rabbits in from their run this evening and Nettle has chewed through the wire and escaped through a hole. Just finished searching with the torch but no sign - esp. hard as the run is on grass in the middle of a farm yard with barns and fields and everything all around. Don't think I'll ever see him again. Going to get up at dawn and start searching again. Even Barney is miserable. Is really cold out there as well (they sleep in the sitting room) and it must be very scary, and lonely. Feel so helpless as he might be a metre away from me but is so hard in the dark with just a crappy torch. But have checked every bush about 5 times in the near vicinity and no sign.:cry:

Last edited:
Aw Rachel Im so sorry :cry:

Can you leave a box and some food out for him incase he comes back in the night?

Thanks - have left a bowl of food in the hutch that is attached to the run incase he goes back in through the hole. He has prob sprinted in about 50 directions at 100 miles an hour so prob has no idea where he is or how to get back but just incase.

Oh god, So sorry :cry: Wishing with all my heart that hes back home tomorrow - Miracles do happen, keep hope XXX

Oh no no no :(

Please come back safe Nettle :love:

I know just how hard it is, one of my girls did this, she was half wildie, we never found her, I just took some small comfort from the fact she wanted to finally be completely free of humans :(

Thank you - so do I. There is a fox that comes right up to the house and everyone round here only has to get a whiff of a rabbit before they get their guns out! The only thing is there are 2 bunnies that live in the field behind the farmyard - i have been watching them with my binoculars for the past few days - they hang out with 2 ducks sometimes (bizarre i know) - but there are only 2 - so at least i know if there are 3 tomorrow then it is probably Nettle.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he comes back to where he knows food/shelter and his friend are :(

Thanks - got up at 5 and been out checking but is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Food in hutch not touched. taking today off work to carry on looking.

Back