• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help.

Pringle

Warren Veteran
I had Spot at vet last Monday as she has urine on bottom of her tail so thought she may had bladder infection or something. Anyway vet felt a thick layer on what she thought was her uterus but as she has been neutered she doesnt have one. Anyway to cut a long story short vet wanted to treat her for Ecunuculi just to rule it out so have given her panacure all week. Today she went back to vet for a check up and vet found a lump in her (Stomach(i think) to start with she thought it was a bladder stone but wasnt same shape so thought it may be a thick piece of tissue , she did say if Spot hadnt been Spayed she would think it was a tumour. So i now needto get a urine sample and spot has been in her pet carier since 6.40pm and still not wee'd :cry:... I dont know what else to do as feel sorry for her but i know if i put her back in shed/run then she will wee and i wont know if its hers or patches :cry:. Im really concerned about this lump she has found.... she wants to see her next Monday again to see if their is any changes. Its just this Urine sample i need... and she wont wee...:cry:

Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows what this may be id be very happy for suggestions.. next step is xrays etc i think.

Is she litter trained? One of mine will hold it in untill she's in her tray. She wont even go in the garden. And when she's let back in her room she'll make a b line for the tray and do the biggest wee ever.

I'd let her in her hutch or whatever she has and watch her for a while.

I will proberly try that, im just worried she wee's and straw soaks it up and wont get anything :?

I will proberly try that, im just worried she wee's and straw soaks it up and wont get anything :?

Do a really thin layer of straw and if she does a wee tilt the tray so it collects down one side. Ahhh the joys of bunny ownership.

Or put her litter tray in empty - its likely that if shes well litter trained she'll go in there & you can just tip it into the pot :) Good luck X

I dont have any advice different to what has been given. Thinking of you and sending vibes xx

Forgot to say, when my Holly was tested for calcium in her wee, for bladder stones, my vet just squeezed her in a certain way and the wee came out. Your vet should be able to do that :D

Last edited:
Back