• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Runs

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
I am desperate to get as big a run as possible for my baby (10 week) bun. He is shut in a hutch all day and I want him to be free as much s possible when I get home, but he can't come in the house as hubby as asthma and just touched him and had an attack which needed nebulising. I bought 6 mesh panels, stakes and cable ties and erected a super run for him measuring 6ft x 6ft - BUT the mesh is too big and he got his head and neck through!!! I panicked and thought he's either get stuck or fully escape. What can I do? I don't want to abandon it as it cost money but don't want to have fork out much more either. Is there something I can put around the outside that he wouldn't get through?

Put an extra layer of chicken wire around the inside bottom 2 ft of the run and that shoudl be small enough to stop his little head going through!:D

How big are the gaps in the mesh? It could be that when he is older his head wont fit. In the mean time I'd get some cheap chicken wire and attach it to the bottom half of the run. A roll only cost about £10 and by only doing the bottom half only a roll will go a long way.

Good luck

Edited to say Jane beat me to it! :lol:

Back