• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed/advice

helli

Young Bun
My partner has just built a hutch for my 2 outdoor rabbits, it is a 2 storey hutch with a ramp in it (see here)

My question is how do you get your rabbits to use the ramp
as carrot and jack don't seem to want to use it and are they
are missing out on half the hutch.

please help...

Give them time! It took Sienna a few minutes to work out the ramp ... whereas Dudley took a couple of days before he really cracked it :lol:

Try putting the food upstairs if the bunnies are downstairs ... and vice versa. Or maybe try putting a few pellets/treats up the ramp to them the idea?

I'm sure they'll suss it very soon - curiosity always wins :D

A couple of my bunnies have been like this!!
Bo still refuses to go from his run, up the ramp into the hutch lol!

Give them time, tempt with food, usually works!!

Oh how big is your new hutch?! Looks HUGEE!
xx

If your buns are alright with you lifting them you could lift them on to the ramp and give them a wee treat and they should either go up or down afterwards,or jump.They will get used to it and then you'll never get them off it haha.

it does take them time to explore but you could put their dried food up the ramp as it would give them an insentive. max and darli have a half each, if they arnt talking to each other then max is downstairs and darli upstairs, she will have pushed the box over the gap so max cant get up!!!!!!:roll::lol:

cheers all :mrgreen: the food tip worked a treat with jack who is now
running up down for fun, just hope carrot will follow him now

Back