• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cordyline small red palm trees?

lou0504

Warren Scout
does anyone know if these small red palm trees are poisinius or if my rabbits will eat these or not? also small conifer trees? many thanks

I have a large coryline daisy eats it but i don't like her to so usually pull the bottom leaves off so she can't reach it

Not sure about them, I've been meaning to ask about cordelines myself actually as Gladys had torn my one to shreds :roll: SHe doesn't seem to have any ill effects from it though! :lol:

Have a look at the BBC gardening website, you can programme a plant in and it tells you about and whether it is toxic.

www.gardenersworld.com

I have checked Cordyline in the plant search and there are five types. Four are toxic and one not. The Cordyline australis red star does not say its toxic. As 4/5 are being shown as toxic, I would not be comfortable with the site saying one wasn't, without doing some further research. I would keep your buns away from it until you are sure.

Whilst I was on there I checked ceonathus (the lovely evergreen shrub with the blue flowers) and again they all appear to be toxic, except one. I m going to check other sites as this is something I was planning in my garden.

Last edited:
Back