• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am at my wits end..

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
With Lolly :roll:
She is destroying the flat (and i am trying to sell!) Now she has ripped a massive hole in my living room curtains (they were £120) and i can't afford to replace them, she has chewed all the skirting boards, coffee table, TV stand and there is a large hole in the sofa (its only 1 1/2 years old :cry:).

I really don't know what to do spaying didn't help her and she shreads and bites everything that i give her, nothing is enough she will go through a whole pack of willow sticks in a day, she shreads blankets and the cat bed i brought them, i don't mind her destroying the things i buy for them but its getting too much now i am living like a tramp and have no money to replace any of my things :cry::cry:

What else can i do? Anyone else have a bun like this? I don't want to stop her free ranging in the house but if she carrys on she might have to go in a pen all the time at least until we move and then she can have her own room to destroy! :rolleyes:

alvin has to be caged when we cant watch him... shame but with some buns its the only way... even to have a shower i lock them up... its for thier own good cus otherwise id have to banish them to be garden buns and i promised them that would never happen... i think she needs to be penned when you cant be there for your sanity :(

You may need to 'punish' her in the sense that if you see her chewing lift her say bad and put her in her pen, or maybe try squirting her with a wee bit of water and say no.She may be a chewer though and you may be better just giving her free range of the one room with all her toys and chew things.She sounds a terror but i'm sure you love her.As we domesticate animals to bring them indoors the 'wild' side can still be there. I think you'll just need to keep an eye on her when she is out and about.all the best.Ps when i say punish i don't mean hit her or turn her into stew,sometimes when i type things it sounds dodgy:oops::lol: .I'd never ever hurt my babettes x

I found my kitchen a better place for the bunnies and the lounge when we are home. Mine aren't caged. As you are trying to sell, it would be best not to have her free range. Why not put her in a dog crate with a run off of it, which would limit where she goes and then let her out when you are there. Maybe in your next house you will have more space for a bunny room. View whatever you do as a temporary measure to sell the flat.

Oh gosh!!
Lopsy lives out in a shed and she is currently on the mode of destroying absolutely everything!!!! Luckily its stuff i buy for her! But also some of my hutches! GR!

With yours all i can think is putting her in a pen when you cant watch her and when you can watch her allow her to roam free but maybe tell her off if she does something wrong, (although dont know how successful this will be) lol.

All the best...x

mine go in the utility room if we can't mind them, we have to really as otherwise they would eat ten tones of carpet which really wouldn't be good for them.

chew stop seemed to work on the skirting boards and wallpaper as long as there were no sticky out bits of paper which seem irresistable.

Bella is the same - she's very destructive and I'm sure if she was left free range all the time I'd have no house left very quickly. I can't do much about the damage to the doors, carpets, legs of furniture she's already done, but when she starts on something a very firm no usually stops her for a while, though she'll usually try again later- and now she's bonded with T it's double trouble because he always follows what she's doing and I end up with both of them chewing on the TV table leg or digging up the carpet.

They have a lovely big cage and pen for when I'm not in and shutting them away is the only way to protect the house.

Is Lolly free range all the time or just when you're in?

yeah thats an hair pulling event! i ended up putting ply wool all round my room from the skirting up to stop my Bunny's eating the plaster board but there isn't much you can do, have you try ed giving your bunny lots of large cardboard boxes and a giant plastic tub full of news paper to chew thats helped mine wish i had done that before they had eaten by bed sheet though! good luck!!:?

Bella is the same - she's very destructive and I'm sure if she was left free range all the time I'd have no house left very quickly. I can't do much about the damage to the doors, carpets, legs of furniture she's already done, but when she starts on something a very firm no usually stops her for a while, though she'll usually try again later- and now she's bonded with T it's double trouble because he always follows what she's doing and I end up with both of them chewing on the TV table leg or digging up the carpet.

They have a lovely big cage and pen for when I'm not in and shutting them away is the only way to protect the house.

Is Lolly free range all the time or just when you're in?

She's only free range when i am in, i wouldn't have a roof over my head if she was out all the time! They are in a large playpen when i am not around.

Thing is saying no and clapping does nothing, i get up and chase her off and literally 1 min later she is doing it again. I think she hates us, she doesn't let us near her, stroke her or anything i think shes got a lot of wild in her!!

I will have to get a spray bottle and try spraying her with water or put her back in the pen for 'time out' like they do with naughty children :roll:

She's only free range when i am in, i wouldn't have a roof over my head if she was out all the time! They are in a large playpen when i am not around.

Thing is saying no and clapping does nothing, i get up and chase her off and literally 1 min later she is doing it again. I think she hates us, she doesn't let us near her, stroke her or anything i think shes got a lot of wild in her!!

I will have to get a spray bottle and try spraying her with water or put her back in the pen for 'time out' like they do with naughty children :roll:

Yeah i would try that! She sounds like a monster lol!

xx

I think spray bottles work most of the time, but I tried one this morning with Nunzeo as I'm trying to keep him off my bed as he wee's on it (lovely!) and he gave me a 'what do you think thats going to do mum?' look and continued to jump all over me. Hope you have more luck.

Get some Anti-Chew! They sell it in P@H. Its completely safe and works brilliantly and lets just say it saved my main beams in my shed and my shed falling down because of my giants. :rolleyes:

I had that with Barney and Nettle - just had to throw the curtains away last week as they look like Robinson Crusoe's trousers and had to get rid of the sofa. Bought some new curtains off ebay and a new sofa and the rabbits are now banished to their dog cage with one of those zoo plus runs attached when they are indoors and i go and sit in with them. I couldn't find anything to stop them.:shock: I do think though that kitchens are prob better than sitting rooms as less to chew. Funny thing is my last rabbit was free range 24/7 in the house and only ever chewed 1 wire in 6 months so it goes to show that some are defo more chewers than others.

Back