• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dr Finlay- The Old Bun is Fading Fast Now...

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Dr Finlay is about 11 years old and over the last week he has slowed right down. His arthritis is less well controlled with Metacam, he has lost weight and now has a very nasty conjunctivitis :cry:
He is still eating and pooing OK, but spends most of the time asleep now.

I guess there isn't a cure for 'old age' is there................

Picture2399.jpg

Janex

Last edited:
Im afraid there isnt a cure for old age.Dr finlay has a good mum who loves him dearly and has given him the best possible care in the last years of his life.

Bless him

My bunny Rosie I have had her for nine years and she was about 18 months old when I got her,she sleeps lots and today I went up to her hutch with a carrot for her and she didnt even notice me coming towards her until I spoke,she was fast asleep.she is so lovely and looks so little.I hope you and I will have our bunnies for a while longer yet

Oh Dr Finlay, :cry:
Lets hope he just falls asleep forever when his time comes.
He has had a long life for a bun.

Oh, poor Dr. Finley. :cry: He is one of my very favourite of your buns.....and he is still SO incredibly handsome. xxx

Aww he is lovely!
He has the best mum possible so hes lucky there, unfortunately we do all age at some point.

I must say he doesnt look his age!!

:love:

xx

I have divided Esther and the Doctor's pen in half so they are still close to each other. Esther was stopping Dr F from eating and kept head-butting him out of the way :cry: She is a young Bun, she's not 'nasty', just too energetic for frail old Dr F.

Dr F seems much more relaxed now. He has eaten a bowlful of pellets and has had a good long drink ( of water, he's on the wagon now ;) :lol: ) I think I will just let them have a few hours together each day, but then allow Dr F some peace and quiet in his own space.

Janex :)

awww bless him - he's had a lovely time at yours Jane, and you are very brave and unselfish to take on a bunny that you know can't be with you long :(

Awwww Jane he's so lovely :D Definitely one of my faves :)

He is in the bestest place with you. Good idea halving the cage at least they still know each other is there.

Wishing him well xx

Back