• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I giving up too soon? Need advice about bonding...

If you read Rainbow Bridge you'll know we lost Angel on April 25th. We were contacted by the owner of the rabbit rescue to see if we could home Angel's cousin Princess and we brought her home last Thursday. However, Princess and our boy Merlin are now just constantly attacking each other. Things have actually got worse rather than better.

We've had them out in the car, in the hall, in the pen in the garden (- I've sat in the pen with them for 5 hours this afternoon splitting up the fights and getting bit!!), her in the pen in the livingroom, him outside, him in the pen in the livingroom, her outside. She was initially the one attacking him, but now he's attacking her too, kind of 'I'll get you before you get me'. He looks like a ragamuffin as he's had so much fur pulled! No matter where we put them it's now become tit for tat - she attacks him, he attacks her

I don't think this pairing is going to work, I don't see how they're going to bond. I think we need to give Princess back. I'm gutted and sad and disappointed and sorry but they just keep attacking each other.

Please can anyone advise? Thank you xx

I would separate at the moment for your sake too. It gets very stressful and you need a moment to step back.

Sorry not much help but I have had a failed bonding so I know how your feeling. Its better to separate than to have them hurt each other.

Good luck x

unfortunatly i would agree. i have done a few bonding now and sometimes u have scuffles etc but i have never had fullblown fights... and if i was in your shoes i would seperate too

sorry it didnt work out :(:(

i'd certainly have a break for now... has Princess been spayed recently or was it a while ago?
They could well bond in the future, but I guess they're both just p***ed off with each other at the moment! :roll:
good luck :)

Thanks folks for replying. Princess was spayed when she was young, so was Merlin. They are both 2 years old. Have been trying for 6 days now.

Back