• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isabella

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Nooooo, not a bunny!!! :p Just some photos from Isabella Plantation in Richmond Park. It's just a short walk from our house, so we went there today to enjoy the magnificent colours of the azalea and rhododendron collection. There are little creeks going through the gardens, with wonderful ferns growing along them. A lot of people were having picknicks there today.

The central path goes along a mini river.

May2008039.jpg

May2008007.jpg

May2008010.jpg

Ferns just starting to grow:

May2008015.jpg

May2008013.jpg

May2008023.jpg

May2008026.jpg

May2008033.jpg

May2008038.jpg

An ornamental cherry tree (Prunus serrula) with the most amazing bark. Unfortunately people ruined it by carving stuff into it. :(

May2008028.jpg

Wow what a stunning place, your photos are amazing too. We went for a lovely walk yesterday through Bluebell Woods it was beautiful.

I went to Isabella with my dad last year, and they had a major problem with caterpillars. There were millions of them, and a lot of the big trees did not have any leaves left. The caterpillars got onto our arms and into our hair.
Today we only saw a few smaller trees with caterpillars. I really hope it won't get as bad as last year.

Beautiful pictures, that looks like a really lovely place to walk. Nearest place we have like that here is Hilliers Arboretum which has loads of Rhos's Azaleas and Magnolias too. It's a stunning place to go in May.

Richmond Park is also a good place for celebrity spotting. Not that I recognize many of them, especially if they are famous for playing in some soap opera. But today we saw two celebrities: a very sweaty Gordon Ramsey, running past us, and the Singapore Airlines Airbus A380, the biggest passenger plane that lands at Heathrow once a day now. It is quite impressive, much more than a sweaty chef. :lol:

Back