• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies dont seem to like their playhouse

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry: went out this morning to open the door and let them into the run,the two litter trays had been moved into the middle of the floor,they have chewed up the two mats in each corner and they have pood all over the floor.It looks like a dodgy bedsit:oops:
Maybe I have too much in there ??

The walls have been chewed more too,and I have lots of wood chews hanging in there

hopefully they will improve

will have to put wire around the bottom edge like Steph says or I will have 2 escapees :oops:

With regard to their lack of litter training, rabbits often mark their territory when they are first introduced to a new area. Bear with it and just keep picking them up and putting them in a litter tray. I am sure that this will improve.

It is definately worth putting the wire protectors on all the upright sticky out wood bits to protect your shed ... particuarly after all your trouble and effort sorting it out, it will last so much longer. Some people even end up putting sheets of ply to cover the sides over an insulation layer to protect it and keep it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. What ever you choose to do will make it last longer.

I agree that they have to poop to mark their new homes and this could go on for a while :roll: I think they love their new house and just telling you how much ;) My guys like to chew and sometimes its their mats :lol: I would pop some mesh round just to protect the house :)

they luv the new pad but just wanted to do some of thier own decorating :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back