• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit size guide/website

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a website that has a list of breeds in order of size (rather than having to look through lots of info) - if it has pictures that would be helpful but if no it doesn't matter. Also it doesn't have to include rare breeds or foreign breeds. :D

So lets see,

Dwarf Lop
Dutch
Mini Rex
Mini Lop
Netherland Dwarf

Does that sound right in order of size? Only I thought both types of lops were a little larger than that?

In the future I would love a mini rex and a mini lop, so I just wanted to make sure I had their sizes right.

I think generally Dutches are a little smaller than mini lops, at least the ones I have seen are - maybe they are just more elegant looking where as minis are a bit bulkier! :lol:

Dwarf Lop
Mini Lop
Mini Rex
Dutch
Netherland Dwarf

I think generally Dutches are a little smaller than mini lops, at least the ones I have seen are - maybe they are just more elegant looking where as minis are a bit bulkier! :lol:

Dwarf Lop
Mini Lop
Mini Rex
Dutch
Netherland Dwarf

I thought that sounded more likely!

Yay for "small" bunnies - though don't tell any one but nethies are too tiny to be my favourites!!!! :oops:

Yay for "small" bunnies - though don't tell any one but nethies are too tiny to be my favourites!!!! :oops:

:lol:

I have seen a few big neddies - bigger than Bobbin - though maybe they were crossed with something - like a giant! :shock: :lol:

HEY!!! you talkin ta me buster?? Small but perfectly formed - with a HUGE spirit ;)

P10100021.jpg

A few years back I got 2 rabbits that were dwarf lop. I thought dwarf lop meant they were going to be small breeds (around netherland size :oops:)..I was very mistaken when they grew, and grew and grew and grew :lol:
They grew out of their hutch so my dad had to build them a concrete one that virtually took over our small garden :oops: :roll:

They grew much bigger than any dwarf lop I have since seen, there was a giant rabbit at the breeders house so I have a sneaking suspicion they may have been crossed with him :shock:

I have a mini lop and a mini rex. They are the same size physically but Faline weighs a bit more. It's hard with them guides isn't it, as they give weights but not measurements. :lol:

I think there cute little faces are adorable but their ears are too short! :oops::lol::oops:

yeah it was so wierd stroking Tia - normal bunnies lay their ears flat while you stroke them, but Tia's were really stiff little things and as soon as your hand moved off her head, up they popped again like they were on springs :lol:

Awwwwww Tia was gorgeous Elve, really gorgeous :love:

yes she was my 'disney bunny' my eternal baby bun - I love nethies :love: Even though they're a bit skittish (well she was) I could at least handle her and cut her nails - she was so tiny compared to my big scary girly buns :shock:

I always thought dutches were a similar size to dwarf lops (such a misleading name), so a medium sized bun. :?

Back