• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice - pre-bonding housing

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Well I picked up Winter's + soon-to-be-g/f new hutch and run today and its fab (will post piccies tomorrow when it's set up:))

Its a 6x2x2 hutch with a 6x6 permanently attached run.

Problem is I don't know what to do about housing Winter and potential g/f before bonding. Ideally I want them to live next to one another for about a week before I attempt the bonding. Winter would have to stay in his current hutch and run and Alice would have to stay in the new run.

What I can't decide is:
1) do I leave Winter in his current accommodation and let Alice have the new hutch and run for a week to live along side him
2) do I close off the new hutch to her and just put my old 4x2x2 hutch in the new run so that she can get that dirty and not the new hutch
3) do I just not let them live aside for a week and go straight into bonding meaning they will be moving smack bang into brand new territory for both?

I plan to bond them over the next bank holiday weekend but the new house will be set up by tomorrow afternoon and Alice was going to come to live aside Winter in 2 weeks.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Shiv

I would go for number 3 where you just get on with it so that the hutch is totally neutral to them both.

Back