• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Did I Wait So Long???

elve

Banned
to try and bond my darling Abbie piggie with the girls in the big hutch? :D She's been on her own since Charlie (matching cream slipper) died 2yrs ago...

abbiecute.jpg

When I tried to bond her with Sabrina they went mad at each other - just all out attack :shock: so I've kept her on her own since, thinking she hated other females :roll:

then today I thought....? hmmmm :? and there's only one way to find out :shock: scary scary bonding :shock: Abbie met the 3 girls and she was like 'hey - you're just like me! You're adorable, and I'm adorable too! :p'

bonding1.jpg

bonding2.jpg

Last seen sleeping next to Harriet in the bedroom of the big hutch, like 2 little peas in a pod :D Yaaay that's one less cage to clean!!! :lol:

That's great! they are gorgeous.

I have just descover that 3 of my neutered boys will live together as long as Holly (the sow that will not live with other sows) is with them, and they get on great!!!

Also have 2 neutered boys living with 6 girls! It's great! :D

I have 3 neutuered males and 3 females all living together. They used to live boys vs girls, but got the boys bits off and now they live together. happy as larry, whoever larry is! :lol:well done elve! x jess

awww thanks everyone - yes they are lovely piggers :D main thing stopping me having a big herd is what to keep them in - I've put the 4 newly bonded girls in a 2x5 hutch, which is a bit on the small side but alpacas are smaller than regular pigs, and the 3 girls barely ever left the bedroom, so half the hutch wasn't used - I thought Abbie could stay in that half if they didn't get on, but they are all squeezed into the bedroom as it is :D Abbie's extremely clean - I hope her good habits rub off on my 3 filthy girls :roll:

I'm going to try bonding some other singletons tomorrow - not sure if it'll work though, especially the boys :?

thank you :wave: no bloodshed this morning - all snuggled in the bedroom - they're so funny as they seem to be fairly deaf, so I can open the door and they don't hear me - and they're all in a little row like peas in a pod jammed together with their bums to the door, snoring - awww :lol:

Abbie was always a quiet pig, just sleeps a lot really, so she's just snoozing in company now - Imogen keeps trying to lick her face but she's not having it - Imogen is just the lovliest piggie and didn't even bat an eye when Abbie joined them :D

Thanks for the info misspiggy - I doubt I'll succeed today as they are both dominant females, but I thought Abbie was too, so you never know - I want to bond 2 boys as well .....eeep :? It's just so much work with 12 cages/hutches to clean plus the rabbits - would be great if I could reduce it this way :roll:

Back