• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever feel guilty.....

Julia123

Warren Veteran
About bunnies being outside? Nushka & Bungle spent their first night outside in their Kennel and run thingy (9ft x 4ft) and I worried about them loads and kept checking on them. They have a covered in area with a small door that i have tied open, in there they have a small hutch filled with hay, a litter tray and food bowl. In the run they have an old 3 shelf TV unit covered with stable matting, a cat corner cubby hole with shelf, a sports tunnel, water bowl and a big sea grass tub thingy to climb on. But i still worry :oops:

Today they spent the day charging round the garden, sitting in the rain, digging in the mud and generally getting filthy and being bunnyish. They are now back in the kennel thingy but i still feel bad as its cold dark & rainy...:oops:

Am i being a big wuss ??? I've only ever had house bunnies and Gabriel & Daisy are in the lounge watching TV.... seems a bit mean to have the others in the cold & dark :cry:

Can someone put my mind at ease and tell me some bunnies like being outside please... :oops:

PS the kennel run thingy has a roof over the whole 9ft

I've never felt guilty about it, mine have always been outdoor buns and definitely enjoy it that way. As long as they get plenty of love and fuss, and have loads of space in their run to enjoy when unattended I see nothing at all to feel guilty about. Sounds like yours have a lovely set up, and I am sure they are more than happy.

Mine are not bothered by any weather, rain, snow, thunderstorms even.

When I first had outdoor bunnies I felt like you, but you do get over it and start feeling better. :)

The felling has never gone for me i still feel really guilty more so in the winter

Now now that's not helping poor Julia! :no: :lol:

Awwww I'm sure they are just fine, they are probably thinking "Wow isn't it great to have our own pad out here without that blithering hooman all over us!" :shock: :lol:

Thank you :) I'm sitting in the conservatory so I can see them...but I can't cos its dark :lol::lol::lol::oops::oops:

They do seem to like it to be fair, I know Daisy & Gabriel wouldn't cope but these two seem to like sitting in the rain :shock:

I guess all bunnies are different... I do sit with them each day in my wellies and parker in the run and they seem to like to share their muddy paws with me and Bungle seems to like to share the odd wee with me too :shock::shock:

Right I'm going to be brave and join Daisy & Gabe in the lounge :D

Now now that's not helping poor Julia! :no: :lol:

Awwww I'm sure they are just fine, they are probably thinking "Wow isn't it great to have our own pad out here without that blithering hooman all over us!" :shock: :lol:

Sorry but its true:lol::lol:

Ever since I got Miffy who is a secret housebunny, I feel guilty that the others aren't inside warm and cosy but then I realise the majority of them wouldn't cope with being inside and Miffy wouldn't manage outside with her coat.

I felt guilty when Sorrel was outside because she quite obviously hated it. I don;t feel bad about poppy and guinness cos they're not bothered by weather, they have each other for company and plenty of toys etc, and big tubs of grass to graze on. they're never impressed with being indoors anyway

At about 5ish each day mollie gets out into the garden for a run around, when it starts to get dull I bring her in to the house until bedtime, she hops around my bedroom and doesn't leave me alone when I'm trying to do coursework :? because she insists on nibbling it and throwing my pens about!

I hate putting her back out into her hutch tho, when I open the carrier, she hides under the bed! so I always feel bad but I know she is comfy out there because she has everything she needs and it's just a nights sleep until she gets more attention the next day!

Personally i think my buns much prefer it outside, they all have large hutches with time in runs everyday (unless it's persisting down all day).

Henry and Humphrey lived inside till i couldn't stand the mess any longer and they are much happier outside. i don't think Boo or the babies would cope inside as it's much too hot for their think coats.

xxx

About bunnies being outside? Nushka & Bungle spent their first night outside in their Kennel and run thingy (9ft x 4ft) and I worried about them loads and kept checking on them. They have a covered in area with a small door that i have tied open, in there they have a small hutch filled with hay, a litter tray and food bowl. In the run they have an old 3 shelf TV unit covered with stable matting, a cat corner cubby hole with shelf, a sports tunnel, water bowl and a big sea grass tub thingy to climb on. But i still worry :oops:

Today they spent the day charging round the garden, sitting in the rain, digging in the mud and generally getting filthy and being bunnyish. They are now back in the kennel thingy but i still feel bad as its cold dark & rainy...:oops:

Am i being a big wuss ??? I've only ever had house bunnies and Gabriel & Daisy are in the lounge watching TV.... seems a bit mean to have the others in the cold & dark :cry:

Can someone put my mind at ease and tell me some bunnies like being outside please... :oops:

PS the kennel run thingy has a roof over the whole 9ft

Get a grip woman lol ;)

My dep has outdoor buns and two in particular are hardcore buns. They sit out in snow, hail, wind, rain etc and love it! They've also never had one days illness in their lives.

Your two will be as happy as pigs in muck ;)

We shall wait for the pics :D

Get a grip woman lol ;)

My dep has outdoor buns and two in particular are hardcore buns. They sit out in snow, hail, wind, rain etc and love it! They've also never had one days illness in their lives.

Your two will be as happy as pigs in muck ;)

We shall wait for the pics :D

:oops::oops::oops::lol:

Ok went out in PJ's for pic...

the run thingy

CIMG1498.jpg

The indoor bit with Bungle...

CIMG1495.jpg

They did seem to be happy to be honest - Oh and I cleaned it at 9pm - they really are messy buns :lol::roll:

I felt guilty at first about my buns going outside as they always started off as house buns to get them used to everything. But outdoors they come alive. Its so much better for them to see the world especially at night and early morning. I've had to invest in a lot of security features but its worth it to maintain their safety and happiness. I finished building a new run for Emrys and he's lived with me since january so it was quite hard putting him in the run today but he loves it. He is so much happier.

Yes I do especially when its wet, cold & windy BUT equally on sunny days I feel sorry for the indoor bunnies not being out in the fresh air and sunshine :rolleyes:

I am actually looking forward to having Scout & Bobby indoors for the next 2 months but Im going to be worrying about Fiver & Marley whilst they are away :cry::cry:

Well they certainly didn't look like unhappy bunnies to me they looked perfectly happy :D

I don't feel guilty around this time of year but in the middle of winter when it was cold and wet and Inky's foot was bad I did.

Ideally, I'd have mine outside in the summer and inside during the winter, however, I think I'd have to get my own house first!

Both my girls love being outside :) My two boys make very good house buns but Buu and Scarlett dont like being inside. Scarlett will tolerate playing in the house but Buu hates it :shock: She will sit at the cat flap stamping her feet when she is inside :lol: They love playing in the rain and just being outside :) As long as they are protected from the wind and rain its fine :) x

I wouldnt say i felt guilty as i knew each bun had each other for warmth and company. But when i first put my two outside i felt a little worried as to how they would be. I neednt have worried though as all four love it! When i have to bring them inside at certain times - fireworks, ops, medical reasons etc they are not nearly as happy as they are outside and always binky like mad when they are back outside. One of my buns in particular just sits and sulks when indoors :lol: As most buns seem to prefer to sit in their runs rather than their houses it shows how much they like it outside :D

Back