• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mishy escaped.......

Joanne26

Mama Doe
but thankfully i got her back, Pheeeewwwww :shock: she didn't stand a chance poor girlie. We have started letting the buns have supervised free range time in the garden and because we back onto a field it wasn't going to be as straight forward as 'just supervising them', i needed to know they were secure and that i didn't have a heart attack in the process.

We have been just sort of barricading them in all week and they have been loving the space, so we decided to do it proper and block escape routes securely so we can make this a regular thing.

Anyway, cut a long story short, Chris built a little gate so that was their escape route out the front sorted (beyond this little gate are huge doublegates on the drive, but i had to be sure they wouldn't escape ;)), he then made a removable fence (out of the green wire stuff) so they had a cut off point and no escape route into the rest of the garden and into the field. Well i got all excited about letting them out tonite and all went well for about 2 minutes :roll: Mishy went straight over to the new 'green safety fence' and just sort of slithered through it :shock:, well i nearly had a flippin heart attack, shouting CHRIS CHRIS at the top of my voice, arms flapping, sprinting over the garden in my jim jams and slippers, did the high jump over the 'secure fence' and promptly grabbed the little begger.

I did tell him earlier on today 'they'll get through them gaps you know love :)'

'will they heck' he said :? 'They will' i said :) 'Nah, they won't' he said.
o.k, you get my drift, that's how it went on for half an hour, but he wouldn't listen :roll:

So now he has to make some adjustments tomorrow, oh and Liam had a go too bless him, but he could only get his head through, he's my little chunky :lol:

Last edited:
Joanne Im having visions of you jumping the gate in jammies :lol: So pleased Mishy is back safely :)

:lol::lol::lol:

I have visions of you hurdling the gate in your pyjamas!!

Glad you got Mishy back safely!

Phew, I paniced then :lol::lol::lol:

Hee hee, sozzy :lol:

Joanne Im having visions of you jumping the gate in jammies :lol: So pleased Mishy is back safely :)

I did, literally :lol:, i have soggy slippers to prove it (been raining again here :roll:) Chris just stood at the door smirking, said i 'overreacted' :roll: Well of course i did, i couldn't believe the way she just slithered through, then turned back as if to say 'ner ner' :lol:

OMG, I bet your heart stopped when you saw her going through! :shock:

Glad it all turned out OK, phew! :lol:

Bet you don't have your jim jams on though the next time you let them out :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, I bet your heart stopped when you saw her going through! :shock:

Glad it all turned out OK, phew! :lol:

Bet you don't have your jim jams on though the next time you let them out :lol: :lol: :lol:

It did! I nearly dropped my glass of pop :shock:

I've never moved so fast in my life :lol:

Poor you (although it was funny)!

Inky escaped yesterday and I had to chase after him in my PJs, must have been the day for it.

I am SO glad that you apprehended the escapee quickly......but OMG, did I laugh at the mental picture that was running through my head when I read your post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never trust an O/H to do a Bunny Mummy's job!!!!! :roll: :lol: They just don't 'get it'!!!!! :lol: :lol: My husband seems to think that if the dogs can't get out, then the bunnies can't get out EITHER ! :roll:

I let my bunnies out yesterday for a run. The back door has a gap at the bottom. Anyways theres me blocking it off and finding anything I can use to to stuff under the gap so they can't get out. My oh was saying its too small, they cant get under that! I then showed him their indoor cage and how they manage to slide under the door of that to try and get by the washing machine. He said oh, maybe you should block it off then! There's a lesson to be learnt, never listen to your o/h.:D

I've had a good old chuckle about this today, especially when i look at her angelic little face :lol:

Hubby has just come in from work, so we are going to have tea and then i am marching him straight outside to correct HIS errors :rolleyes:

Back