• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Is It? U/D with photo.....

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
.....that when you plan a bonding session that nothing ever seems to go the way you'd like, but when you just take a flyer, you seem to get results?

This afternoon, I decided to put Aunt Sally and Monkfish out on the grass in the same run ( I tried to bond them last year but it didn't go terribly well). There was a bit of argy but not a lot of bargy. Monkfish being the shy retiring type just wanted to hide somewhere. So, I took the decision (as there was no serious unrest) to bring them both indoors into his area (he's our housebun) in order to give him a bit more confidence. Well, as we speak they are taking turns to do 'superman legs' lying down whilst the other one does a bit of eating or a bit of drinking. Might be a long night as I have decided not to split them up and will just watch overnight to see if they have at last decided to be a team.

Anyway, boyed up by the initial success of this one I decided to put Edison and Poppet in the run on the grass together too. Following the unsuccessful attempt earlier this week to pair them up, in a totally neutral area, I thought I'd try them on the grass. Well to our amazement, Poppet spent most of her time doing the most amazing racing round and binkying. Edi (normally the shy and retiring type) decided that he now quite fancied Poppet and started to chase after her!

Can you believe it? After a long time trying to sort this lot out with a friend, they seem to have just got on with it when I was least expecting any results.

Keeping my fingers crossed and possibly some photos to follow tomorrow.

Anyone else had this, where they just didn't expect it to work and it did?

Last edited:
i think its cuz they just dont want it forced onto them, hmm am trying to bond chelsea and jet not posting how its going until im certain which way it going, its only the first day! but wish me luck ....good luck and bonding vibes for yours xx

Excellent, sounds like you caught the buns in just the right mood. Will keep my fingers crossed for these pairings.

Our two eldest girls Maggie & Flip, we had tried to bond on several occasions without success and quite a lot of fighting, but one day they suddenly decided they liked each other!

Well after about a week 'bonded' Aunt Sally and Monkfish are no longer together. They laid together, washed each other and looked good, but then one morning (just as it happened with Sally and Edi) the fur started flying. Monkfish came off worse (having spent most of the time running away from Sal) and had some blood flow so they are now apart.:( Will have to try Monkfish with an alternative lady when he's healed.

Good news is that our Edison and Poppet are now mr and mrs............

He can't quite believe his luck as she is just such a cutie pie and attends to his most every need.

Snapped them out on the grass together today. Hope they don't decide to divorce anytime soon!

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Back