• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another food thread...

coco1200

Warren Veteran
ok, im thinking of changing from excel to A&P for my two rabbits.

a&p is alot cheaper!
right now, a 2kg bag of excel lasts aprox a week.

what would you reccomend?

what is the better food?

(bet you guys are sick of all these food threads! :lol:)

My rabbits prefer a&p to burgess, it's cheaper and lasts a lot longer, however, I didn't choose it because of the price as I would rather pay more if I didn't think it was any good. My 2 never leave any it is gone within the first 2 minutes.

My rabbits prefer a&p to burgess, it's cheaper and lasts a lot longer, however, I didn't choose it because of the price as I would rather pay more if I didn't think it was any good. My 2 never leave any it is gone within the first 2 minutes.

ooh so i see.
would you agree its better quality?
even though burgess excel is 'vet recommended'

I'd use A&P if they did it in "only got 3 bunny" sized packs. it's high in fibre and I've seen bunnys that are on it and they look very healthy indeed.

I use A & P for most of my bunnies and the foster bunnies. They really do go mad for it. I also have a few on Science Selective.

ooh so i see.
would you agree its better quality?
even though burgess excel is 'vet recommended'

my 2 turn their noses up at it, plus when they have had it they get messy bottoms. I don't have any problems with it, this is probably to do with the higher fibre content.

I'd use A&P if they did it in "only got 3 bunny" sized packs. it's high in fibre and I've seen bunnys that are on it and they look very healthy indeed.

:lol:
i dont think each bag would last very long with two fatties!

im actually underfeeding them according to excels daily amount for each rabbit! :roll:

I feed mine more than what is recommended, however, they are not over or underweight.

mine are always in the garden, except at night, so they are ALWAYS munching on grass.

if i started to overfeed them, i think i would need a bigger bowl. :lol:
right now im feeding them 400g shared everyday
they both eat it there and then, so i guess they are getting a fair amount each!

they are definatley not underweight. i think hermione is becoming overweight, personally. they get veg everyday, and sometimes they get bread (reccomeneded from the conti website :?)

ordering the food tomorrow!! i mean, if they dont like it, i guess i can always donate the food to a rescue?

Back