• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Constant casting hair!

nooodles

New Kit
Mollie has a good routine, she gets fed proper and healthy foods, clean hutch, I groom her...she grooms herself....but

More so at her back end she constantly casts, I don't mean fur all over my floor, just little bits start to stick out and they can be pulled out with simply a touch. It just makes her look so untidy! and it's sooo much hair!

Any suggestions? or ideas?

That sounds about right to me. You'll probably find that most of that hair is not just from the back but from all over the body and just works it's way towards the back end because of the way the fur lies.
All of mine are doing it, I find that doing over them with a comb pulls out these tufts and prevents them from matting. It is easier to pull them out in this way than when it is fine floaty seperate hairs. It should ease off as the year progresses and their moult ends. :)

Back