• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

veggies and baby - advice please.

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
Crystle's baby is 3 weeks old now and eating quite a lot of hay. He has now started eating mums veg and I'm wondering if its ok for him to to do this or if I should restrict the amount he gets ? Tonight he ate 3 pieces of kale and had a nibble of some broccoli. He would have eaten more, but I stopped him from pigging out.

I'm not really an expert on baby bunnies but I'd think it'd be a good idea to limit his veg a bit until he is a bit older. You just have to be so careful with baby bunnies tummies.

bluebells babies were eatin veg from the moment they came out the nest but with this little one he hasnt had great help off mum has he?id be abit more wary.xx

She didn't feed him for the first 2 days after he was born and then I hand fed him for a couple of days when her milk dried up, but as soon as the Oxytocin jab worked she was able to feed him herself. He's doing really well and is HUGE now :lol: I am worried about upset tums though, which is why I don't allow him to just eat as much as he wants, apart from the hay. He is also nibbling at her dry food now. I really need to know how big a portion of veg should he be having, ie, is 3 pieces of kale enough or too much ? Crystle also has spring greens, spinach and fresh herbs, all of which the baby has tried.

My baby bunnies ate veg as soon as they found it and i did not limit them, they never had any trouble.

They had slightly runny buns after their first time out on grass but this has never happened again.

I'd let your baby eat greens but just like you did don't let him 'pig out'.

:D

Back