• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many buns living together?

i was woundering... how many of you have more than too bunnys living together? i was wondering about in the future possibly getting a rescue french lop... I do love the breed.. i have posey mo a female lion head and tumness van damme a male netherland dwarf... there bonded and get on really well.. tumness is yet to be castrated and will be in the next month or so.. i prob ably wont get another rabbit if at all till after summer... just woundered your views?

At the moment we have one pair or two females, and one group of four (two male, two female). The biggest group we've had in the past was 5, with only one male in the mix. I know there are people on here who have bonded way bigger groups than that though.

wow amazing! nine huh?... that gives me hope.. I definatly would like a french lop...what size of hutch would be suitable for a french lop?..

I have a bonded 9. All neutered/spayed mixed males/females

How did you manage to accomplish that :shock: I cannot get my boys and girls to accept one another at all. It would make my life so much easier if they all got along :rolleyes:

I have a bnded 3 (2 males, 1 female). my friend as a bonded 24 all mixed sexes, they all get on really well but also have their own little groups that they go off and play in.

wow amazing! nine huh?... that gives me hope.. I definatly would like a french lop...what size of hutch would be suitable for a french lop?..

I'm not really sure - my buns are loose. My frenchie was huge so I wouldn't have kept her in a hutch.

Also - your other buns are really small, so you might have to check out the frenchie's temperment before you bond in a group. A frenchie's back legs are powerful & a thump or a hump could be fatal to a tiny bun. That said, I have a very large laid-back NZ white bonded to a tiny Lionhead, & my Frenchie lived in my original group of tiny buns (a bonded 13), so it can work out ok:D

We have a group of 5. 2 does, 3 bucks who live together in a shed plus aviary run attached.
I'd definitely keep a group if it involved a frenchie or other large breed in a shed/run combo.
I also have a single doe, a buck and doe pair and a pair of does that I'm going to try bonding as a group of5 soon.
I'm very nervous about it!!!

I have a trio, a brother and sister (look like road side buns) and a girly lop all bonded. I am considering rescuing another boy lop and bonding them all together :shock: Well if I could find somewhere close to me that has one .

wow such large groups! well i have a bonded pair and currently trying to bond another pair gosh cant believe you lot bonded so many! any big bonding tips always apprichiated x

I've got 3 groups of 3. at the mo there is 3 neutered boys, 3 girls (neutered mum and 2 girl daughters) and 3 un-neutered boys. I know the boys and girls will get on once everyone is neutered.

Back