• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ants??

Batfinks

New Kit
Know I have not been around for a while but looking ofr some urgent advice.

Just been out to clean the buns and they have a real ant problem in one corner of the hutch - weren't there yesterday when cleaned out and i can't see where they are coming from. they have had no fruit in there so struggling to see whats up?

what do i do?????????

thanks in advance

I would thoroughly empty and scrub the huitch with scalding water and pull it away from the wall and floor to see if there are any nests underneath or behind it and also look for any gaps in the wood work whcih could be filled in to prevent access.

Of course if they are coming through the mesh door thats a bit trickier and maybe relocating the hutch would help.

Hi there I'm very new to rabbit keeping but I found I had the same problem with ants in my hutch. What I did was pute some bricks in trays of water and set the hutch on that. It should mean that the ants can't get in as long as there are no plants going up the side of it or anything. I'll go and check later and see if this has worked but I don't see why it shouldn't.

Back