• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help! what do i do?

gemma-louise

Warren Scout
i have agreed to help get an elderly bun into a rescue for a friend whos daughter has lost interest in him. ive been to see him today and hes dribbling all down his chin and seems listless.i have agreed to keep him at my house for a bit until he gets a new home but hes not my rabbit so what should i do?

Last edited:
It sounds as though the Rabbit has dental problems so it's essential he sees a Vet ASAP. Either the current owner or you, if you take him on, need to ensure this happens. If you agree to take him you are also agreeing to getting him Veterinary attention whilst he is in your care, even if he is not 'your Rabbit'.

Janex

unfortunatly i think he needs vet treatment sounds like he has dental problems (unless he has a water bowl he has just popped his chin into?
whatever happens whomevers care he is in needs to take him to a vet as sounds like he is suffering, regardless of if he yours or not he needs something done if you cannot afford this (be whatever reasons and i dont think anyone should get angry for that) get him to a shelter /rescue centre where he can get the treatment he needs (or call rspca) he obv needs care and whoever gives it is not important just that he gets it, you are only being cruel if you leave him as he is.

ive just had another good look at him and its not as bad as i thought, must have been his water bowl...:oops: still going to take him anyway to be checked over.

Back