• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat problem...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi guys and gals

We seem to have a bit of a problem with a black and white moggy who has taken an interest in Hunny. I've never seen this cat before, but it has recently become a frequent visitor to our garden. We have chased it off a few times, but my 6 year old son spotted it this morning, actually SAT on the run, trying to get into the hutch.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can deter this feline?:(

Carmen

I've got the same problem with my neighbours new kitten. :roll: I chase it off every time I see it near the rabbits, and it seems to be learning to stay away from them.

A water pistol is a good tool to have...you can soak it from your back window :lol:

wilkinsons has loads of cat repellent things - like powders and noise makers and things. not sure if they work but they seem to have a wide range.

only one of those sonic alarms..or borrow willow and bertie theyre huge frenchies and live with cats and know how to push em around:lol:

seriously tho in berties previous home he had a dog and several cats as his best buds esp after he lost his wifey bun.....one cat in their neigboorhood kept coming in and beating up his feline friend so one day he waited for it and chasedit out the garden:shock:

i must admit hes a sleepy layabout but when he moves fast..he rockets!

willow 14lb/6 0r 7kg frenchie doe with attitude and grew up with my cats..she acts and thinks the same as well as being a bunny..

honest borow em or better still get yourself a cat whos the bunnys buddy..even if it wasnt itd still chase the other cat as the bunny is its property......i know this from past experiences:lol:

mmm or grow catnip very near to the hutch..the cat will be so stoned it wont care!

Whenever you see the cat near the hutch, try spraying water on it. It should (hopefully) soon learn not to come back because it will associate that area with getting wet! and that it's unpleasant.

My own wee cat lucie is allowed to sit ontop of the hutch and mollie loves it lol, they are def two strange animals! :rolleyes:

Hope you get the problem sorted...

I've found that opening the door and hissing loudly works, as does shouting " Get the :censored: out of my garden you big hairy :censored:!!" at the top of your voice! :lol::lol:

A water gun like a super soaker would be good though, a powerful jet would scare it off.

Wow!

Thank you all for your useful suggestions - the catnip one made me laugh! I think I need to invest in a water pistol! I used to have cats years ago, but now I have children, who I always maintained were enough. But, now we have bunnies also! I think 2 pets, 3 kids and 1 husband is more than enough for little old me to run around after.

I'll pop into Wilkinsons tomorrow for water pistol & cat repellent and let you know which one works best!

Carmen

Back