• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

here's a question...

Lauralou

Warren Veteran
....i've heard of rabbits who become bonded and pick up the others naughty traits - for example, a boy who's never been a digger gets bonded with a girl who digs like mad and so the boy starts doing it too.... if you had a bun who pooped freely all over the place and they were bonded with a bun with immaculate toilet habits, would the other bun eventually do the same? by seeing the other, would they copy that to?

i was just thinking it now and wondered if experienced rabbity peeps have ever observed anything like that happening?

or general naughty trait bonding stories, share!

pearls still the only one who digs the carpet, thankfully and alvin is the only wallpaper chewer, i think pearl has tried it but not like the demon :roll:

these pair are the total opposite so i cant see them picking up each others traits... when pearl was climbing on the crate alvin was toooooo lazy to join her so just watched from the floor lol

she hunts out wires too if your not watching her and alvins never been bothered again too lazy lol

I can't speak for naughty habits, but when Bobbin was bonded with Broome he was very much under the influence of her good hay eating habits :D

Bobbin likes his hay but I wouldn't call him an ethusiast :rolleyes: - but Broome came along and it was as if he just clicked "oh, I see what this stuff is for now!" :lol:

Now that she's gone he's like "eeeeewwwww!!" :rolleyes: :lol:

I can't speak for naughty habits, but when Bobbin was bonded with Broome he was very much under the influence of her good hay eating habits :D

Bobbin likes his hay but I wouldn't call him an ethusiast :rolleyes: - but Broome came along and it was as if he just clicked "oh, I see what this stuff is for now!" :lol:

Now that she's gone he's like "eeeeewwwww!!" :rolleyes: :lol:

aww, bless! eat that hay bobbin, it's good for your tum!

well when i got pebbles she wasnt litter trained, but domino was. For around a week pebbles was in her own hutch as we were still making their paired one, but they played together during the day. her hutch was always soooo messy

as soon as they lived together every poo was in the litterbox...both of them were using it

Molly used to be a really fussy hay eater, but since getting Faline he has got soo much better.

The only time Molly and Faline copy each other is if one of them thinks the other has found food. But Faline is much much more adventurous than Molly. I think he does calm her down though. During the day Molly likes to snooze on the crate shelf and Faline will join him but I think if he wasn't there she'd be roaming around causing even more mischief.

Bella and Tarquin have definitely started doing things the other did before they were bonded.

Bella was very very clean in her cage and T would go in any of the corners - just when I thought he'd picked a permanent one he'd start on a different one :roll: Since they've been bonded, after a period where Bella just went anywhere too, they've now settled back to both using the two litter trays they've got in their cages. They also have a litter tray in the bathroom and one in the bedroom, and boxes of hay in every room they have access to which they also poop in. I now only have to pick up the odd stray poop - the rest are always in the litter trays or hay boxes. It's great! :D They've even stopped scattering hay all over the house - there'll be the odd stray bit that is dropped, but the rest is kept in the boxes.

Bella has always been a very naughty bunny into everything and trying to get to things to destroy them. T wasn't so bad, though he's a very cheeky, nosy little boy. Since they've been together whatever Bell does, T follows - and if Bell does something and gets told off and goes off in a sulk, ten minutes later I'll find T carrying on doing exactly the same thing so he has to get told off too :lol: :lol: But he's much quieter about it so sometimes gets away with doing it for longer before I realise what he's up to :D

honey and sooty were litter trained until Rosie the poopoo pez came along. Now poos fly everywhere.

Bobbin likes his hay but I wouldn't call him an ethusiast - but Broome came along and it was as if he just clicked "oh, I see what this stuff is for now!"

That happened with my lot when they became a group. There were a couple of really good hay eaters and it just spurred the others on too hehe. They all sit around a massive pile of hay and eat like its there last meal now. I think another rabbit is competition and its a case of I want what you have :):lol:

Well Rocky and Billy are totally different... Rocky makes a mess digging, Billy just likes to hop around. Billy is very energetic, Rocky cannot be bothered! And it hasn't changed... The only thing they both like is to have Bunny kisses. They love to groom each other but thats normal with bonded Bunnies. So I don't think that they pick up on each others bad habits!

Back