• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Galapagos holiday pics

luvabun

Warren Veteran
warning... overload...:oops:

First off... a wild Ecuadorian rabbit (the guide was astounded by my excitement at seeing this :oops: )
galapagos886.jpg

A blue-footed booby chick
galapagos787.jpg

And the stunning bird it growns into :love:
galapagos769.jpg

galapagos874.jpg

Penguins :love:
galapagos713.jpg

Marine iguanas
galapagos707.jpg

galapagos680.jpg

galapagos397.jpg

Land iguanas
galapagos758.jpg

Lava liazard
galapagos033.jpg

Tree frog
galapagos314.jpg

Giant tortoises

galapagos007.jpg

galapagos242.jpg

galapagos080.jpg
:oops:
turtle
galapagos667.jpg

a few more :oops:
Sally Lightfoot crabs
galapagos842.jpg

Sea lion posing "my flipper this way, then how's this?"
galapagos701.jpg

Zig zag spid
galapagos411.jpg

Frigate bird family
galapagos822.jpg

Hope you like.

Wow those pictures are amazing! I know this will sound stupid but I didn't know you could holiday on the Galapagos. Looks absolutely stunning.
:lol: at your guide being surprised at your enthusiasm about the rabbit. I guess its like a tourist coming here and getting excited about all the pigeons. Those crazy British :lol:

Wow those pictures are amazing! I know this will sound stupid but I didn't know you could holiday on the Galapagos. Looks absolutely stunning.
Most of the trips are small cruise boat based -this was one of a very few land based ones and I'm lucky to have selected this as the other company had to suspend their trips :shock: . The camping part was "leave no trace" and even your poo couldn't be left on the island :lol:

Most of the trips are small cruise boat based -this was one of a very few land based ones and I'm lucky to have selected this as the other company had to suspend their trips :shock: . The camping part was "leave no trace" and even your poo couldn't be left on the island :lol:

I'm very pleased about that (I bet you weren't about the poo though :lol:). It sounds and looks absolutely amazing, I'm so jealous. Another thing on my list of things to do! Thank you for posting them.

That looks fantastic! What a wonderful holiday, I am very jealous, do we have a green smiley! :lol::mrgreen: Yep found it!

fantastic pics!!!cant wait for my tortoise grow that big.well,nearly.isnt it realy expensive to go to the islands?x

fantastic pics!!!cant wait for my tortoise grow that big.well,nearly.isnt it realy expensive to go to the islands?x
Yes it's majorly expensive to go and I'll be paying it off for some time :oops:
Kim.. where did you get your tortoise from? I want one now.....

Gemma.. that's great that your 2 yr old is an animal nut already... get them interested when they're young :D

Gemma.. that's great that your 2 yr old is an animal nut already... get them interested when they're young :D

I agree, I keep trying to persuade my OH to build a child-friendly section on the farm set up so the children can help look after some animals but he's not as keen as me unfortunately!

one word WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! it looked soooo good! glad you had a good time! thankyou for the bunny run so son after your return we meeting her later :)

one word WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! it looked soooo good! glad you had a good time! thankyou for the bunny run so son after your return we meeting her later :)
No probs although I did have drama on the way home as my windscreen cracked :shock:. Jett was totally oblivious to my tears and tantrums though :oops:

Wow stunning piccies! What an amazing place - beats the zoo! :rolleyes:

Particularly loved the tree frog, and the OH and I got very excited about the giant torties - we have a minuscule one compared to that! :lol:

Bet you had a lovely time, despite the cost - I bet it's worth every penny :)

Particularly loved the tree frog, and the OH and I got very excited about the giant torties - we have a minuscule one compared to that! :lol:

Bet you had a lovely time, despite the cost - I bet it's worth every penny :)
It certainly was worth it. Where do you get torties from.. I want one now (that I can call Darwin :oops: :lol:)

It certainly was worth it. Where do you get torties from.. I want one now (that I can call Darwin :oops: :lol:)

My OH's horsefield tortoise came from a breeder in Wales. I think there are lots in rescues though, I assume because they live so long and people get bored :( You have to put a tortie in your will :)

Yes it's majorly expensive to go and I'll be paying it off for some time :oops:
Kim.. where did you get your tortoise from? I want one now.....

got her from a breeder in essex.so tiny when i first had her.grown quite abit.ill see if i can find some pics n start a new thread.x

Back