• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok ....

Meshell

New Kit
My baby girl won't eat her alfalfa. when i offer it to her she passes it up for timothy hay is that not good?

it's actually better than she prefers timothy, alfalfa is quite fattening when it comes to hay and has a higher calcium content. let her tuck into that timothy! :lol:

i heard that sinces shes only 2 months old she should eat alfalfa but she likes the timothy best.

oh yes, i read it can good to feed alfalfa to build up their weight when they are small but i wouldn't worry to much if she prefers her timothy hay, she'll still grow up to be big and strong! is she in your avatar? she looks gorgeous!

I got my rabbit at 8 weeks old and he has never had Alfalfa - straight onto meadow hay and now Timothy. He's doing well on it!

Storm rarely ate hay when he was a baby. I had to go out each day collecting fresh grass for him. I got a few strange looks from passers by as I was seen shuffling along the village green picking grass. Fortunately he started eating hay before I got put in the local looney bin.

I just decided on giving her both in a mix she'll pick out what she wants. As long as she eats I'm a happy mum.

Last edited:
Back