• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Museli to Pellets?!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Hi,

Im considering changing my rabbits food from museli to pellets as they seem to be only eating some of the museli and im throwing the rest away. if i change then at least i know they are getting everything they need.

How do i go about doing this?!

xx

How about cutting the museli down so that they have to eat all of it?

I don't know how good they are with Hay but if they don't eat that much, reducing the museli will 'force' them to eat more

if you do want to change, do it over a ten day period at least (so you change the ratio of mix to pellets each day) because of the delicate tums of our little buns. it would be worth doing if they are selective feeding.

I am currently changing my new bun from museli and im doing it really slowly. I started by just giving a tiny amount of pellets and have increased as the days go on. Hes now only on a tiny amount of museli which will be all gone in the next few days. Ive had no problems with him and hes poos have stayed the same thoughout the change over. Id say go for it. :D

definitely worth it for a selective feeder. change it gradually - for example, if you usually give, say, 8tsp of musli, on the first day give 7tsp musli and 1 tsp pellets, then 6tsp musli 2 tsp pellets, and so on. Making a big change to the diet suddenly can actually make them poorly because their digestive system isn't used to the new food. good luck :)

Thanks alot everyone!
I will go get a bag and start the process!
Picky bunnies lol!

Ohhh and they are great with hay!!!!

Back