• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bulbs being eaten

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Feel like a rubbish bun mum tonight :( :censored:

Have just come back from dropping Bandit and Chi in to the vets after one of them had eaten some bulbs from the garden.

I'd dug them out of the hanging baskets and set them in a tray to dry out, they were in the middle of a table that I thought the buns couldn't get too.

They've never ever managed to get on the table before as its quite high but somehow one or both of them has tonight.

As they are both free range we don't know which one has eaten some of a bulb, they're being kept in overnight for observation :(

Please please make sure that any bulbs or poisonous plants are well out of reach from little bunny mouths.

Dont blame yourself!
You did the best thing taking them to the vets!

There little monsters, i went out to the shed tonight and lopsy on top of the hutches, i went to walk in and she jumped down and looked at me asif to say "ohhh hi, i wasnt just sat up there, lol"

xxx

:( sorry to hear it hun..youre not a rubbish bun mum and you know it!
try ringing the vets for advice when a frenchie has eaten half a box f dark chocolates your mum had bought over and youd tried two and was binning em
but they fell downt he unit and you went to bed too tired to pick em up an never dreamed a bunny would like dark choc or be able to get there..but willow did. rob says he doesnt know how she didnt get theobromine poisoning:shock::oops:

trouble is the previous tenant here grew croscuses in her lawn and bluebelss and daffodils everywhere and i am still trying to get rid of them..i lik em but not where the buns have access to. but they get access to anywhere and anything if theyve got a mind too..theyre worse than cats!

any news on them gem?

dont worry theyre in the right place.xxx

Glad they are ok :) Dont feel bad, Beau got hold of a plant when he was living indoors and someone gave my mum a plant as a gift and it was left in the living room :oops: We still dont even know what the plant was as he ate the lot :shock:

Things like that happen unfortunately. Don't blame yourself. Cloud has managed to get to some tulips twice and nibbled their leaves. He was fine.
And my crocus, tulip and iris bulbs are very popular with our resident squirrels. :evil: They eat several bulbs and don't have problems. :roll:

Back