• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week I am pairing up

janice

Wise Old Thumper
This weeks pairing ups include

1. Lola and Aubrey. She is a gorgeous lop who is very inquisitive and very attentive. Aubrey is a timid little boy who currently is unsure of his new companion. There is no agression but quite a bit of chasing by Lola looking for someone to snuggle with. Aubrey seems to want to hide under the newspaper he has shifted off the floot.

2. Wilson, the rabbit who Raine brought up from Wilsons pet shop somewhere in the Glouster area and Honey who is a lovely lop eared girl, they snuggled up very quickly and he is so attentive already in washing her ears and coat.

3. Molly who was a fat big girl when she came into the care of ARC having been destined for the cooking pot alongside quite a number of animals including Emily, Laura, Katie and albert. Emily now lives with Tigerbabe http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=126630&highlight=emily+jack and Jack.

I will post pictures shortly

Pair number 1. Lola and Aubrey

CIMG0174.jpg
#

Pair number 2. Wilson and Honey

CIMG0176.jpg

Pair number 3. Molly and her new partner.

CIMG0175.jpg

Awwww, lots of snuggle bunnies. Lola is very sweet. I didn't know Aubrey was a boy's name. :)

Hope things go well. :D

And you can add a "reserved" to Chrissie on the website, I think. :D

Does this mean that March Hare is wanting me to pair up a foursome for her?

That's what she meant with a "challenge". :lol: Or do you think Chrissie is not compatible? I know she has given you some headaches before.

Does Molly have the same colour as Emily? She looks so different on the website. Her diet went well. :)

That's what she meant with a "challenge". :lol: Or do you think Chrissie is not compatible? I know she has given you some headaches before.

Does Molly have the same colour as Emily? She looks so different on the website. Her diet went well. :)

Emily is a lot lighter than Molly.

This morning
1. Lola and Aubrey. They are grooming themselves but not each other, still lots of chasing by Lola as she isnt getting the attention from Aubrey that she wants. The good thing is that I have all week before they go out to make this work.

2. Wilson and Honey are good, lots of grooming each other mainly from him. A bit of humping but thats all normal so I am not worried.

3. Molly and her partner are also good and snuggled up in the litter tray, there was a bit of chasing overnight and a small amount of fur has flown ... Molly is currently grooming his ears ......

So far 2 out of 3 which is good .....

Hi Janice :wave:
Thanks for posting the progress.
We are watching Lola and Aubrey with baited breath..... Sending lovey-dovey vibes :love:
Hope Aubrey decides he likes Lola after all, but he's so young he's behaving like a teenager!!

Can't wait to bring them home. :)

BTW Wilson and Honey make a beautiful pair.
Good luck. x

Might wait a couple of days to make sure it will work before posting a transport request from Janice's to South Mimms next Sunday for Lola and Aubrey x

Aubrey now is getting a little more confident he has started to try and hump Lola :oops: He looks a bit daft as he is about 1/4 of her stize. He has groomed her ears a couple of times :D

I think him being a young bun it will take him a few days to get their relationship sorted out .... I am confident though

the good thing about this pair is that they are both excellent hay eaters.

Aubrey now is getting a little more confident he has started to try and hump Lola :oops: He looks a bit daft as he is about 1/4 of her stize. He has groomed her ears a couple of times :D

I think him being a young bun it will take him a few days to get their relationship sorted out .... I am confident though

the good thing about this pair is that they are both excellent hay eaters.

Thanks for update Janice, still haven't stopped laughing yet. :lol::lol::lol:
Glad he's getting the idea. Teenagers ehh!!
O/H suggests lending Aubrey a ladder....:oops:
Fingers crossed. Well done so far. :)

Last edited:
Update for today.

Aubrey and Lola seem to be getting their act together. There is still some chasing but definately a lot less than previously. She is such a lovely inquisitive character and is happy to eat pellets out of your hand.

I am not sure what food you are planning to feed them on but Aubrey has been on SS and Lola on Bunny Basics T (Oxbow), if it is ok with you I will get them over onto the SS by the time they travel ... hopefully that will make it easier for you. they are really good hay eaters, they have no preference to a stalky or a nice soft hay.

Honey and Wilson are now a happily couple and spend every minute of the day together, no chasing. He is the boss bun of the two and spends his time between mounting Honey and also grooming her :D they are going to go out to their new home later this evening to be house rabbits where they have a room to live in with trays and beds for them but no base. They will be spoilt rotten.

Molly seems to have settled nicely although they are more distant than the other rabbits I am bonding. Molly is happy to groom her new partner and just accepts that he is going to hump her. There is still a little chasing but again this is getting better. They may go out tonight if there owner is happy with their behavour, otherwise they will go out tomorrow.

Hopefully this will be a successful weekend.

Not sure who I have next weekend to bond, I am sure Donna has a long list for me to pair up :shock:Hopefully Tony will be one who will be being paired up, he is being viewed tonight ...... fingers crossed they like him.

Update for today.

Aubrey and Lola seem to be getting their act together. There is still some chasing but definately a lot less than previously. She is such a lovely inquisitive character and is happy to eat pellets out of your hand.

I am not sure what food you are planning to feed them on but Aubrey has been on SS and Lola on Bunny Basics T (Oxbow), if it is ok with you I will get them over onto the SS by the time they travel ... hopefully that will make it easier for you. they are really good hay eaters, they have no preference to a stalky or a nice soft hay.

Hopefully this will be a successful weekend.

Not sure who I have next weekend to bond, I am sure Donna has a long list for me to pair up :shock:Hopefully Tony will be one who will be being paired up, he is being viewed tonight ...... fingers crossed they like him.

Yay.... go Lola and Aubrey, glad it is looking hopeful for success. :D
I use Excel, so will get some SS pellets for a slow changeover. Plenty of hay is on tap!
Good news!

Fingers crossed for Tony, he is such a pretty fellow, hope he finds a new home.

Yay.... go Lola and Aubrey, glad it is looking hopeful for success. :D
I use Excel, so will get some SS pellets for a slow changeover. Plenty of hay is on tap!
Good news!

Fingers crossed for Tony, he is such a pretty fellow, hope he finds a new home.

Would it be easier if I start moving them over to Excel as I have some of the normal Excel here ?

Back