• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

blackberry leaves?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Just a quick one - are blackberry leaves definitely safe to feed? cos I thought I read that they are - but don't they have little spines along the back? :?

they dont spike their little tongues? :oops:

although having said that I do make tea out of them (leaves, not tongues) for myself

They are very good for rabbits who have gut problems, they are very soothing for the gut.

They also alter the PH (acidity/alkalinity) of the gut making it a less favourable environment for 'bad' gut bacteria to proliferate. So Blackberry leaves are very good to feed to a Bun with diarrhoea

Janex :)

I've got brambles growing everywhere in my weed infested patch - I always rip the spiney bits off for my babies as I'm a fussy mum :oops:

mine love them we never had a prob with thorny bits had one of the non thorny variety, they go mad for them x

Back