• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chance to try out the new carrier!

Glingle

Warren Veteran
I think Bramble might have stasis. :( She's not touched her tea, and is just lying sprawled out in the hutch (not a normal position for her) and the final concern is that she's not running away the minute you *look* like you might try to pick her up. Off to the vets with her at 7, in the new carrier and Flop's coming along to keep her company.
Grr hurry up 7 o'clock!

Hope Bramble will be ok, sending vibes for her.

The time really drags when you're waiting for a vet's appointment, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Well the vet confirmed it's stasis - sounded like a drum when he tapped her tummy! :shock: I think she must have been very uncomfortable she scrabbled like made when being examined, whereas she's normally the most placid bunny at the vets.
She's had shots of metaclopramide and baytril and has got fibreplex. Vet suggested I try syringe feeding her some smushed up pellets and warm water, and to put her snugglesafe in tonight. Fingers crossed she should perk up, but if not to take her back for last surgery (12-12.30) tomorrow.
Since we got back she has eaten one strand of hay and started grooming herself, so I think that's a good sign.
Thanks for all the vibes - they really help :D
Ooh and the vet really liked the new top opening carrier!

Well I'm pleased to report that Bramble seems back to her normal self today - running around and eating! :D:D:D

Back