• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much to get vets to clip claws?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I was wondering how much it is to get your vets to just clip their claws, as I'm fine clipping their front claws, but the back ones are so tricky. Would it be expensive, do you think?

I paid £8 one time, but all the other times I got them done for free as I went with something else:oops::lol:

Sean and I do them between us and tend to just struggle!

Don't know how much our vet charges, probably free now I'll be staff!

I wouldn't want to stress them out by taking them tho unless they are going for something else anyway.

I paid £6 once unknowingly. When Molly was neutered they ask on the form if you want their nails clipped while they're under, I thought it was free but no. :lol:

My vets charge £8.50 per bunny. Even if you are there on another matter... think its a bit much, but am scared to do it myself.

Hiya

I was wondering how much it is to get your vets to just clip their claws, as I'm fine clipping their front claws, but the back ones are so tricky. Would it be expensive, do you think?

Hehe, myvet did it for free lol!
When they went for their jabs!! I mentioned how i could never do Bo's cos of his bad attitude and she did them for me lol

Otherwise maybe £6-£8!
xx

my vet did it once, and then showed my how to do it, never had a problem since - mind you, new rabbit, :shock: might be a different story

It used to be 3.00 - shows how long ago that was!

My vet does them for free when they go for their injections:D
I am too scared to do them myself:oops:

My vet does it for free when I take them in for a jab or a check up. I just ask them to check them for me and they clip any that are a bit long. :)

around a fiver last time so this time i did doras myself. took a while but i did it. get someone to show you first! xx

nails clipped

:D:DMy vet runs a rabbit clinic where they
check the bunnies over teeth etc
and clip the nails and its freeeee
he also keeps rabbits!

I do mine myself as I asked my vets to do Charlies while he was under for his neuter and they charged me £8!!!! :shock: :shock:

i work in a pet groomers, so do tend to do all my animals nails myself...however i do take Bindi in to have hers done, as i need a pair of extra hands (from someone whos not scared of mean nasty buns) :lol:

Mine does it for free, whenever, which is rather kind of them :D

Muppet finds going to the vet quite stressful but it's a LOT easier than me attempting to do it myself. (I can never get more than three done on each front paw. Forget the back ones!) And at least he knows going to the vet isnt always about being ill/having nasty things done ;)

Back