• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claws!

Becy

New Kit
I got my rabbits claws clipped about 3/4 months ago and she advised me to file his nails down rather than get them clipped on a regular basis. Any tips on how to do this? He hates it!! And i can never pin him down long enough to file down more than 2 of his paws! grr. I don't want to force him too much incase i hurt him...and i don't really want to clip the claws myself incase i cause bleeding. Any tips? :?

If you just clip the very tip off every few of weeks you shouldn't be of any danger of cutting the quick and I imagine that's far less stressful than filing.

have you got some good clippers?

sometimes it helps to wrap the bun in a towel to imobilise its three legs while you clip the otehr one. also sometimes if my rabbit gets stressed I do one or two paws, let her go, and do the rest later that day or she just gets really upset.

Back