• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H bunny check up

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
The little p@H bunny has had his vet check. He needed his front teeth trimming again. They had grown so quickly as Louise only had them done in Liverpool 10 days ago.

He is blind and deaf and Adele (vet) believes he does have major neurological problems. His eyes do seem ok in themselves so she thinks his blindness is more a brain problem than an eye problem. She agrees that his behaviour is extremely strange and the scanning he does isn't normal REW scanning but again is part of his neurological problems. His reflexes are very slow and he gets tired very easily.

She couldn't get a good look at his back teeth but fears they will not be in a good condition due to the deformity in his jaw. I have looked at them myself and they didn't look brilliant especially as he is so young.

He is booked in to be castrated next Friday, he will also have dental xrays and a blood test taken. If the anaesthetic is going well he will have his molars checked and burred if needed and if that all goes well his front teeth will be removed to. If this seems too much for him his teeth will be left for another couple of weeks.

I am really worried about the anaesthetic as with his level of neurological problems we do not know how he will react. He really is a special bunny, his problems have made him so loving it's like having a little puppy rather than a rabbit.

Awww the poor baby :( A part of me feels really bad about rescuieng him because of the problems he sounds like he's going to cause you, but then another part of me thinks I did the right thing as someone could have re-homed him and never had him checked out xxx

Oh goodness :shock:
Does he have to be neutered yet :?

Janex

I know I feel a bit guilty as it's more for my benefit in a way, as he is spraying everywhere and I have some unneutered females in the house as well which i don't want to fight if they can smell bunny.
He has to be xrayed anyway and there is no way that could be done consciously so having him castrated at the same time hopefully wont be too bad. If he was female it would be a different matter as that is much more invasive.

Lou don't feel bad, I had a good idea what I was taking on and am just worried for him as he is such a wonderful bunny and I am sooooo attached to him.

It is a good job he didnt fall into the wrong hands really.
I cant believe they had him up for adoption. :cry:
Well done to everyone involved.
So glad he is safe now with you Hugo's there.

Vibes for the little chap xx

I know I feel a bit guilty as it's more for my benefit in a way, as he is spraying everywhere and I have some unneutered females in the house as well which i don't want to fight if they can smell bunny.
He has to be xrayed anyway and there is no way that could be done consciously so having him castrated at the same time hopefully wont be too bad. If he was female it would be a different matter as that is much more invasive.

Lou don't feel bad, I had a good idea what I was taking on and am just worried for him as he is such a wonderful bunny and I am sooooo attached to him.

Well I'm going to try extra hard to get more customers on to direct debit so I can fund him a bit more - sent out 4 forms already today (if they all come back that's an extra £10 for the fellow). Awwww, I really miss him.. he's a brave, fantastic bunny xxx

This is a silly question but are P@h going to give anything for his vet care ?

I think that Liz is probably going to instigate some help from them (hopefully), problem being is that I can't find the adoption papers :(, I had them at Hilda's and thought I'd left them there but Hilda can't find them, and neither can I :( xx

I think that Liz is probably going to instigate some help from them (hopefully), problem being is that I can't find the adoption papers :(, I had them at Hilda's and thought I'd left them there but Hilda can't find them, and neither can I :( xx

They will have a copy in store.. I know this little guy has lots of problems :cry:but you so did the right thing to get him out of there.
Well done to Liz for taking him on :) and for you for taking him out of the store.

Problem with this though is that I signed the form to say that if I couldn't have the bunny I would return him to P@H... so I guess that, in a way, I have breached the contract - although I let him go to Liz for the chance of a better life xx

Even if I can't prove this bunny came from P@H I am still working with the RWAF at the moment to try to stop them putting sick bunnies and unsold stock in their adoption centres. The Rwaf are very concerned about the situation and have been in contact with P@H headoffice about it.

Even if I can't prove this bunny came from P@H I am still working with the RWAF at the moment to try to stop them putting sick bunnies and unsold stock in their adoption centres. The Rwaf are very concerned about the situation and have been in contact with P@H headoffice about it.

Lets hope that something can be done about this =] =] I will try and get a copy of the ones they had from me. xx

Just phoned the P@H I got him from and they will get a store manager to phone me tomorrow about the form and obtaining a copy... xx

I will keep on at them to send me one, the assistant did ask me why I needed one and I explained it was for my records - as I have all my rabbit documents in a safe place, but seemingly I had misplaced the adoption form xx

oh hope all goes well next week for the little man. And I hope P@H sit up and take notice re. their adoption procedures.
Liz, you're fab, as is Lou and everyone that's helping this little chap get the help he needs. x x x

Back