• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still waitng for my emergency vet bill 3 weeks later

karen354

Warren Veteran
I had to take Bertie to the vets at least 3 weeks ago, it was out of hours so the vet had to meet me at the vets. I usually pay there and then but this time he said it's okay we'll send you a bill:shock: I'm still waiting for it they don't usually take that long do they ?

I had to take Bertie to the vets at least 3 weeks ago, it was out of hours so the vet had to meet me at the vets. I usually pay there and then but this time he said it's okay we'll send you a bill:shock: I'm still waiting for it they don't usually take that long do they ?

Sometimes they do the accounts at the end of each month. So you'll probably get the Bill any time soon

Janex

Mine never charged me - bun sadly died before the vet arrived (nurse was treating him) but as she'd still had to travel over I expected to have to pay some sort of fee, but nope!

Cricky you have to pay my emergency vets up front, before they'll even thread.

When I took one of my rats in at night last year the vet said he would send me a bill but I never got one. I went back in about 2 months later and said I think I have a bill I havent paid for one of my rats and they were like oh yeh :lol: Only had to pay for a normal appointment though because the vet felt sorry for me, I was sat on the floor crying :oops: :oops: :oops: so he said I came in the afternoon instead of the middle of the night which was nice :) Think he was just trying to get rid of me though :oops:

they said that when it ook peanut even though i said 'but i have £150 cash on me'

nearly a year later im still waiting for my bill! they called me once to say 'you have an unpaid bill' and i had a HUGE rant cus i said 'i offered 2 pay there and then. you said no! dont nwo call me about any unpaiod bill cus u havent even SENT me a bill. send it and il pay it but dont call her and make out i havent paid!'

nearly a year later im still waiting for the bill! I went to my local vets and asked them about it as my emergency vets is connected so i can pay at my local vets if need be...and they said its been wiped off :lol::lol:

My emergency vets are like Tree's...you don't get your pet back unless you pay up :shock:

I wish my £250 bill had got lost in the post :lol:

i had to pay £150 deposit when alvin got admitted to the emergancy vets... im sure youll get a nice fat chunky bill any day now

I just walk in and out and hope nobody as seen me;):lol::lol:

I always get charged then I will see my own vet and say 'I am not paying that much' she then refunds it;):D

I had this with my cat, he was taken ill on New Years Eve and I know the vet took him to his own home to nurse over the holiday (he told me).
There was a bill a few weeks later when I was next in, a few weeks after I had picked him up (it was normal hours on jan 2nd when I collected him) but it was just for the drugs, nothing else (should have included a 'hospital' stay). They never 'hassled' me for it. If you're a regular I think they are more laid back about it in my experience.... but hey!, they might forget, vets are only human after all:D

Back