• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

heres a price list of neutering/spay in my area

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
ok ive been ringing aorund for prices of neutering as my daughter wasnt happy about the cost of neitering her buck..imsure i paid wayyy less than whats being asked...last year when i had bandit done...

and my mums little house buns about 5 and halfmonths old and we need to get the cash ready....i know a doe is way more expensive and about £60 t0 £70 quid..but i was amazed at the differences and the aftercare etc when i was ringoing around

ANIMED
pre op apointemnt needed to assess bunny and then book date for spay or neuter....all this and aftercare appointment included in the price.

BUCK....£51.50 DOE.....£69.99

the after care recovery room is it mixed..no wards for small animals one for cats and one for dogs.....

---------------------------------------

St Peters veterinary group petersfield liss and horndean

no pre op check up..the nurse does it on entry.
no seperate places of recovering small animals cats or dogs..just one ward.

BUCK ...£48.88 DOE....£65.80

-------------------------------------------

Highgrove in cosham near the QA hospital

price includes a s eparte vet check apointment then date booked....also 3 day check up and then stich removal after that.

BUCK.....£45.00 DOE....£50.00

no seperate wards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harbour vets/pratt nunn and partners.

price includes pre op check up.
no seperate wards.

BUCK..under 3kg..£62.50...over 3kg...£70.50

DOE...under 3kg...£72.75..over 3kg...£79.75

----------------------------------------------------

these are the ones used most there are others but these are ones i can access by bus!

i use animed because they have some excellent rabbit savvy vets at each surgery. the hospital at shedfields where the ops are done and they have a seperate ward for each type of pet...dogs...cats...small animals/birds

i was lucky that i discussed avoiding a collar for my doe...the vet did the op using deep inter tissue stitches so none were on the top alone..in fact all internal stitching and glueing....willow healed really fast too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

highgrove i used years ago when elizabeth kent was the rabbit there.....kibbles undid her stitches in reocvery and had to stpaled and on the way waiting for me she pulled two of those out too!:shock: so she had to wear a collar and i wasngt given enough info as she was my first bunny..now id relaise you have to bathe their eyes and faces and remove it at least whilst they were eating etc and then repace it.....i was soooo naive.
But they were clean efficient small practice with onsite labs...hence cheaper costs if you need bloodworks etc done...
-------------------------------

i have dealt with horndean only having bucks neutered.........

some rabbit owning nurses there but no rabbit savvy vets the two ladies that were left sometime back now.
--------------------------------------------------------------

ive not used harbour vets or pratt nunn and partners but i have had a conversation with someone in a pet shop( i was searching for my cats dried food!) who said theyd been very good with their cat and their rabbit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

im biased as i am with animed now and will stay there as long as the rabbit savvy vets are there! and i love the fact bunnies arent in recovery with dogs and cats..our buns dont mind cats but the dogs would be too much.

i bet its cheaper everywhere else!! but thats it in my neck of the woods..unless you know better;):lol:

Last edited:
i was looking thru the thread on rabbit chat after i came back here....:shock: price charges are soooo varied!
seems aftercare is too:? i was very very lucky..willow was kept in till they thought she was ok..the anaesthetic dose in a frenchie is massive compared to your average sized doe:shock:

plus she had to be eating drinking pooing weeing and with it before they let her come home..btw they gave her painkillers etc too. cant believe some vets dont:censored:

I was charged £30 to get my rabbit spayed! You can't beat that and it was done by a vet very knowledgeable and experienced with rabbits!

ive just paid £55 at the beginning of week for Tyler to be neutered at Manor Vets in the west midlands. That inc the 2 follow up jabs the next day.

lucky you..but im guessing its like that everywhere but near to me:lol::lol:

yeah that vets was the only one who said weight guided the price..guess its the anaesthetic costs..but i dont recall gettimg charged extra for willow at my vets..odd isnt it.

al my buns were weighed an i was told their weight etc but one vets i had one of my bucks neutered at couldnt tell me how much he wieghed even after his op..it wasnt on his notes:shock: just took a look and said well hes a mini lop....:censored:

no i dont take my buns there anymore

It's surprising how much prices vary. I paid over 200 pounds to have my two neutered and speyed last year. Determined to pay less for my new bun I called over 10 vets. Prices ranged from 56-85 pounds for neutering. Surprisingly it's the cheapest one (56) that includes pre-op consultation and aftercare. I was unhappy when I was charged more than originally quoted for my two because they hadn't metioned that the pain meds they give them are extra. Prices also varied according to weight at my old vets. Everywhere is pretty pricey in Surrey (it costs thirty pounds for a check-up!).

Back