• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective stockists near M1/M6

LizJ

Warren Scout
I'm hoping you can help me ....

I feed Science Secetive feed, but my vets charge £25 for 10kg, which seems v expensive compared to mail order places (some are £16 ish). However, I can't get mail order because I am not at home to receive it during the day.

I am driving from London to Liverpool up the M1 and M6 tomorrow morning, and wondered whether anyone could recommend a stockist I could stop at on the way? I don't often have a car, so it has to be tomorrow morning and near the M1/M6!! Obviously I realise I will have to come off the motorway and detour, but that's fine :D

Can anyone reccommend somewhere?

Liz

Thanks for the link Gem :wave:

The problem with online ordering is that I am at work all day so I always miss the delivery. They they return it to the depot of the delivery company, which are always on the outskirts of London (i guess land in the centre is too scarce for depots?) and i have to spend half a day getting there on public transport and carying it back again :rolleyes: Kind of make it worth paying £25 at the vets to not have to go and collect it from the depot!

Anyone in Birmingham/Staffs/Cheshire/anywhere else near the M1/M6 between London and Liverpool?!?

You can leave a note for the delivery driver, some will leave without a signature, others wont though, depends on the driver :rolleyes:

I usually manage to miss the delivery and have to phone them up and arrange redelivery.

Are there no feed/farm shops near to you that might deliver? Quite often they'll do a drop off on the way home after closing

Unfortunatly we live in a flat above post office on a main road, so there is nowhere for a delivery man to leave it. It seems crazy to me that you can't pay the Post Office to accept deliveries on your behalf, but it seems you can't.

No farm shops close by as we're a fair way into London. It seems that the only way to do online ordering is to pay extra for a saturday delivery, by which time I might as well pay the vet £25 as it'd be no cheaper online ...

Hi there

I posted about Pellets in Rabbit Care section and everyone has said that Wilkinsons have started selling Science Selectives for £2.99! There is one in Liverpool so you could stock up (or do you have them down there?)

That could work .... I'll try to find a Wilkinsons and ring them up :) Thank you!

If anyone knows of any 10kg stockist though, that would be good too ....

That's still a great price - I paid £3.27 for 1.5kg :shock: at the vets this morning, to tide me over until I can find a way of getting a 10kg other than from the vets

That could work .... I'll try to find a Wilkinsons and ring them up :) Thank you!

If anyone knows of any 10kg stockist though, that would be good too ....

If it's £2.99 for 3kg it works out at £10 for 10kg (obviously you'll need to get 9 or 12 though) so cheaper than the £16 anyway!

Back