• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting bonding tonight!!! U/D failed have seperated

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
I'm really quite scared, what if they hate each other and Jake has to go back :(

When do I stop?

How do I tell if they are properly fighting rather than just asserting dominance?

Sooz do you fancy coming round for a glass of wine tonight :lol::lol:

Helen x

Last edited:
lol bonding is scary there will be possible fur pulling, chasing and possibly mounting, if they start circling tightly or attack each other seperate them, i had to take a bunny back before it was really sad i felt awful but while at rescue had been loverely at home they circled locked on and my bunny hurt her paw,,,it really was sad but i had to face it wasnt the right bunny :( hopefully will be trying again soon.... good luck bonding vibes your way! ohhh key rule i beleive is dont seperate unless you have to and keep it all neutral

I bonded a 3rd bun into our bonded pair. I found the boys were fine together went straight up to each & groomed each other, furby(female) caused the problems :roll:she was a little monster.. It was quite a long bond I had them in the house for about 11 days bonding them. Furby did settle down with Thomas but it took a long time now they are great pals:D .
I've since added another bun aswell so now have a bonded 4:D 3 boys and 1 girl Furby is the big boss of the group..

Good luck with the bond I hope it goes well..

Oh good luck!
Im scared too! Soon to be bonding Lopsy and Bo!
When you do it should you provide new water bottle and food bowl?!
When do you give them food?! Straight away or what?
What else should you include?, toys, hay?! Litter tray?!
xxx:oops:

started about an hour ago. Quite a few scuffles and lots of fur about. Piper n minstrel now sitting munching hay in the litter tray and jake on the other side of the pen. Ignoring each other most of the time. Piper and jake keep having ago but stop when I shout at them.

Good or bad?

Helen x

:shock::shock:Oh god I forgot all about the bonding tonight, I've had a few glasses of wine and get quite forgetful with wine..

The bonding sounds normal, as long as theres no injuries and they are not stressed then keep with it. .
My bonding a three took quite a while but it's worth it in the end.

Oooh good luck with it. I can't imagine a time when my Bella and Tarquin weren't bonded - all the stress of the bonding has lifted and it's just wonderful seeing them together - I wouldn't be brave enough to put a third in with them :roll:

:D

Sorry H, I ws at work so have just seen this....if you need help tomorrow give me a txt, I'll be cleaning out the shed (joy of joys) but will take my mobile with me.

Hope all is going well. x

ETA- Just seen your text (and Angie's & Sue's :oops:) I wont reply as its late but call if you need me....and yes it is stressful :lol:

Well I've had an appalling nights sleep I really don't know how you rescues do it!

We have had lots of scuffles at 12, 1:30, 3, 5 and 7 through the night :roll:

Jake hums when he's going in for the attack so if I said 'No' he usually did.

Minstrel has been trying to keep out of it by sitting and eating hay in the litter tray! He has however this morning been grooming jake :D

The main issue is Piper and Jake, they seem to be very wary of each other and keep having little standoffs and staring contests :roll: If one of them gets too close to the other then we have a little fight but a clap and a 'no' put a stop to them.

Lots of fur flying about the spare room now but nothing major.

They have all being sitting in a little row this morning with Minstrel in the middle acting as mediator! And we have had some flops from Piper too :love:

Will post some photos later :)

Helen x

OK well Jake and Minstrel are soaking up the sun through the window together in the litter tray and Piper is sitting on her own.

I have left them on their own for a while now but within earshot and all has been quiet. We have had some grooming from Jake and Minstrel but not Piper.

How long should I leave it before moving them into their new playhouse? That is if we don't have any more fighting.

Helen x

Back