• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Limping bunny

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
When I went on my bunny and slug patrol late last night, I noticed that Snoopy didn't put all his weight on one of his back legs. He eats normally and hops up and down the ramp and onto a stool and down again, and he uses the leg to scratch his ear. But this morning he is still holding it up a bit when hopping around. He'll see Christabel later today. I can't tell whether the leg is swollen anywhere.

Could he have twisted it? Or thumped too hard and bruised it? Please send some vibes for the boy. :(

Aw poor Snoopy :cry: hopefully he is just putting it on to get some attention, lots of vibes for the lovely boy!

Yes, he likes his attention, especially from Penny. It's so hard to tell if there is anything wrong, like a bruise or a splinter, because there is so much fur on their feet.
The trio didn't eat much of their spring greens last night, either. They went straight for the hay instead. Must be one of those Tesco batches that are not popular with them. Although Sunnie, Cloud and Chrissie ate all their greens. I just saw Snoopy go up into the hutch and eat more pellets, so they are hungry.

Awww Gisela, I was SO hoping that Snoopy would be better this morning! I am sending him LOADS of vibes......I am sure that Christobel will soon make him right as rain!!!!! :D (((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))

I had a problem last week with my lot not eating their Tesco spring greens, too.:? I really found it odd, as they normally LOVE them! But they actually ate their hay and pellets first, too. I wonder what it IS about them that makes some of their batches different tasting.....or maybe they smell different????? :?

What time are you going to the vets?

Alistair takes him at 4 pm. Christabel doesn't work on Friday mornings unfortunately, and her colleague in Richmond was already double booked. :roll: I gave the bunnies some dandelion earlier, and Snoopy pulled himself up on the mesh and begged for more. :) He still is careful with his leg, though. I tried to feel for a swelling or splinter, but could not find anything. His nails look ok, too. Hopefully Christabel knows better what to look for.

Snoopy is back. The vet could not find anything serious, so she gave him Metacam and we have to give him that every evening. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon.
Thanks for the vibes! :)

Aww Gisela I'm sorry I missed this, hope Snoopy is on the mend. I had to take Peppermint back for some more Metacam as he was still struggling to eat his greens and hay this week. I was mushing his pellets and warming them slightly and he was loving those, but just couldn't manage proper chewing.

Back