• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toys?

kymm

New Kit
ok well i have a giant rabbit. we let him out on days when the weather isn't bad to run around in our backyard [which is really big] and play with our cats.
but lately the weather has been getting kinda bad so we won't be able to let him out as much.

what are some things i can put in his cage to help keep him entertained?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can spend a fortune on bun toys & they will always prefer the free stuff:lol: Toilet rolls, yellow pages (don't expect it back!!), cardboard box with hay in.

Mine like treat balls & willow balls too - cos they keep them entertained for about 8 minutes:lol:

thanks!
also is hay okay? thats what we use in his wooden box part of his cage. though he rarely uses that part anyway, even when its stormy weather.

oh and i can't really bring him inside cause he poos and wees everywhere

is he neutered? if not thats why he pees and poos everywhere.

big cat toys that jangle! books like phone dorectories yellow pages are always a hit..small cardboard boxes cereal boxes suffed with dried grass herbs and timmy hay.
big clean yoghurt pots mine love chucking em.

go to charity or cheap stores..baby rattles or teething keys etc without soft bits are brill for all buns.

pine cones...organic or non sprayed fruit tree twigs branches.....kitchen roll middles with hay n herbs in it......you can always make a twisty sweet out of herbs dried fruit etc and wrao it in paper like a sweet or xmas cracker.

herbs for buns are pricey so if you grow your own you can dry them too....and if they have oat hay etc and timmy hay all with seed heads use them to grow greens too.....mint is a fave but dont use pennyroyal mint its toxic to buns. mine love catnip..i grow it then harvest some to dry and they love it as much as the cats!
herbs smell lovely as does dried fruit (the unsulphered unsugared kind) so if its in the midle of something theyll busy themselves tring to get to it.

If you got him neutered I reckon you could bring him inside to live. I have 2 that live in the house like dogs or cats. THey are litter trained and sleep under our bed at night.
THey play in the garden in rain or shine, and also play in the house and sleep under our dining table during the day and play with their toys in the house. :)

They have toilet roll tubes, the big tubes from wrapping paper, jangly balls to put hay in, treat balls, rattles, wooden chews and any old empty paper bag or cardboard box I have going spare! :)

It's really easy to litter train a bunny, you just keep them in one room with paper down until you see where they poo and wee, then make the paper smaller and put the tray where they wee'd. Put the dirty paper in the tray and they should learn to go in it. Then you just gradually move the tray to where you want it and disinfect the place they used to wee to get rid of the smell.

mine love those huge willow balls from pets at home

also toliet rolls, eggs boxes, willow sticks, those wooden shaped toys in pets shops

ours also like those mineral licks get the ones from wilkinsons as the ones in pets at home are rubbish and break as soon as you attach them to the wheel.

best of all ours like chucking around their straw and shredded paper

Back