• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

On Brink of Stasis - whats going on?

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
For some reason Nibbler has stopped eating after he had his veggies tonight. I noticed that he was laying down, but thats not unusual, but he's looking uncomfortable and won't come over for hugs.

I've given some syringed warmed water, some infacol and tummy rubs. There were a few pops and sloshes, but nothing major there. No interest in any food - not even his favourite carrot pellets.

I'm giving him an hour to see if the infacol and water helps and then I'm off to the vets. Don't know whats happening here really - he had a full check over last week at the vets before his VHD jab and all was fine. I'd thought he'd lost a bit of weight so he's been having a bit more pellets, but that shouldn't have been a problem??

i'm no expert on statis but *vibes* for the bunster, hope his appetite returns asap and it's nothing too serious x

Well he's just come over to see me and looked interested in life again and has been hopping about. Will give him some more time and see if he wants some food - then I might be able to go to bed, although not sure i'll sleep!

phew, i'm glad he's perked up. i can't imagine how worrying it must be, i luckily havn't been in the position yet, touch wood, but i worry about buns on here that i don't even know, god knows what i'd be like with my own! :lol:

Its awful cos part of me wanted to just whisk him off to the vets straight away - but part of me knew to wait a while to see if it passes with some 'home treatment'. Fourth time around with different buns :roll: and its always the same sick feeling you get.

Gonna go see if he'll eat something now!

Its awful cos part of me wanted to just whisk him off to the vets straight away - but part of me knew to wait a while to see if it passes with some 'home treatment'. Fourth time around with different buns :roll: and its always the same sick feeling you get.

Gonna go see if he'll eat something now!

nomnomnomnomnom, eat up for mummy Nibbler! :wave:

nomnomnomnomnom, eat up for mummy Nibbler! :wave:

HE DID!! Just jumped on a bowl of pellets so will fill up trays with hay to keep him going overnight - i'll come and look in on him in a few hours too. Thanks for the well wishes.

Oh look at the time! Am getting up in 5 1/2 hours......

Back