• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GUT STASIS any help info?? - is it back?

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Just wanted to say Bella and Busta had thier myxi jabs today and a health check. My vet said he was very pleased with them, and theyre teeth were pukka pies yay!!, i can stop worrying about Buster licking his chops now:lol: and he said to comend the rescue that i got them from, so well done (I dont know if i am allowed to mention rescue names on here):roll:

Last edited:
Bella and Buster not eating

oooh im worried, Bella and Buster not eaten since last nite. Buster munched a little brocoli this morning from my hand but bella wont normally eat from me so i havent seen her eat anything. THey are both back to the vets today at 12.30. Does anyone know if this is a norm reaction to the myxi jab ??

oooh im worried, Bella and Buster not eaten since last nite. Buster munched a little brocoli this morning from my hand but bella wont normally eat from me so i havent seen her eat anything. THey are both back to the vets today at 12.30. Does anyone know if this is a norm reaction to the myxi jab ??

Well I have not known any of my Buns go off their food after a Myxi Vac, but it is quite possible that some Bunnies might.
Have your two been pooing OK ?
I am sure your Vet will give them another good check-over today.

Janex :)

yep lots of little currant poos everywhere!! but not much munchin going on. Im really worried, i just read about someones bunny on here dying from the VHD and they have theirs in a couple of weeks time. Do you think they will be ok, do you think it might be the stress of it all. They are 10 months and never been to the vats before or had any jabs, the resues funds could only permit the neutering. I just hope that they will be ok and that its a case of stress, :(

It's more likely to have been the stress of the vet visit that has put them off food. Some rabbits tolerate trips to the vet just fine, others it can cause them to be quiet for a day or so. All of my rabbits tend to go in a little mood when they have been to the vet and run away from me for the rest of the day in case I try and take them again, but they never go off food for longer than a couple of hours. One of my rabbits practically goes into stasis after any trip in the car, so it's a nightmare trying to take her to the vets because I know it's a job to get her eating again afterwards. Like Jane said, I'm sure your vet will give them a good check over today and they will start eating soon. :)

what is stasis? good news ish buster is starting to eat some veggies, my other half mum is at my house waiting to take delivery of furniture, bless her. She just called to say hes eating some hay to and Bella is perking up a bit. I will still take them at 12.30 today better to be safe then sorry. I will let you guys know how i get on. Pls send some vibes - am i being silly here? x

omg both of them... how scary for you hun *hugggggssss*

sending lots of vibes for a quick recovery xxxx

They each had a pain killer injection, then they had a another injection to get them eating/guts moving. They have give me some recovery food if they havent eaten when i get back home at 5:00. they got to go back tomorrow at 9.30. Im really scared. Its delevoped so quickly their guts e.t.c was all listened to yesterday and now today they have this.

They each had a pain killer injection, then they had a another injection to get them eating/guts moving. They have give me some recovery food if they havent eaten when i get back home at 5:00. they got to go back tomorrow at 9.30. Im really scared. Its delevoped so quickly their guts e.t.c was all listened to yesterday and now today they have this.

Are they still bright within themselves?
Try to get them to drink as keeping their gut contents hydrated is very important.
Offer them some dandelion leaves and some finely grated veg.
Also, encourage them to hop about as immobility contributes to GI stasis.

Janex

I am SO sorry to hear this....it is SO scarey! My dear little Mini Lop house bun Rosie has just recovered from a bout of stasis.....I was SO scared I was going to lose her! :cry: :cry: I did everything I could to keep her moving, and the first thing she would accept to eat when she started eating again was, as Jane mentioned, Dandelion leaves. After she had some of those, she began tentatively nibbling at a little alfalfa....then a little bit of meadow hay....then she progressed to a bit of spring greens. But it was several days before she would touch her pellets again.

Wishing you the VERY best of luck with your buns.....sending LOADS of vibes their way!!! (((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))

Well good news just got back from vets again, yay there guts are moving again!! they just had another jab each but he said its still a good idea to keep doing the recovery food. They are munchin veggies too! :D

Back