• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal?

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Bailey is on a high hay, high veg, low pellets diet.

For his teeth.

He now begs for food...

ALL THE TIME.

is this normal?

x

Bailey is on a high hay, high veg, low pellets diet.

For his teeth.

He now begs for food...

ALL THE TIME.

is this normal?

x

if its not then theres summat wrong with alvin and pearl... alvin is deffo the worse but hes not a huge hay fan he eats it as a last resort :roll::roll:

but would prefer treats..... they certainly know how to make us feel guilty for not givin in dont they :evil:

Yeah I can't eat chocolate in front of Honey because she will do anything to get at it. Good way of dieting though.

Yeah I can't eat chocolate in front of Honey because she will do anything to get at it. Good way of dieting though.

OMG, Mona is like that too. Once I had a lovely bar of soya chocolate then went out to see the bunnies and bent down to kiss Mona who scratched my face:shock: I expect she smelt the chocolate I had just eaten, on my breath.

When I put my roly poly Dutch boy on a diet, he begged too. So I would say its definatly normal.

OMG, Mona is like that too. Once I had a lovely bar of soya chocolate then went out to see the bunnies and bent down to kiss Mona who scratched my face:shock: I expect she smelt the chocolate I had just eaten, on my breath.

When I put my roly poly Dutch boy on a diet, he begged too. So I would say its definatly normal.

hes not on a diet to lose weight, its to do with his teeth xxx

I'd still say it was normal. Pellets do for bunnies what bread and potatos do for us. The hay is light so won't feel substantial to him. Imagine if we just ate salads all day, you'd be craving something starchy or carbs.

when he doesn't beg for food, that's when you need to worry! my little monster has hardly any pellets, a little veg and mostly hay.... he sits by the fridge waiting for more food even when his tum is full!

When I had to put Robinia on a diet and her husbun Teasal had to be on the same diet of just endless hay and veg and fewer pellets - Teasal started to wait by the bin in the kitchen in case bread and toast crumbs dropped!! He also climbed the vegetable rack in the kitchen and started eating sweet potatoe - when he vaulted the child gate and started eating the cats food (dry pellets) we gave in and started to give him 'extras' whilst Robinia wasn;t looking!!!

Yep he is normal hun :) My lot are always begging for their pellets :lol: Even if they have had them just 5 minutes ago :shock: :lol: x

Agreed, it's normal! All of ours always behave as tho they are STARVING ... regardless of whether it's 5 minutes or 5 hours after they were fed! :lol: [They do, of course, have loads and loads of hay to keep them going all day!]

Bobbin is the same :rolleyes:

I offer him hay from my hand when he's acting all starving, he takes it and throws his head back and tosses it away! :roll: The cheek! :lol:

Back